Fukushima nuke plant ‘intact’ after quake — 5 of 7 on Japan scale: “Strong enough to make hanging objects swing violently and most unstable ornaments fall”
UPDATE: Radiation dose spikes in Ibaraki northeast of Tokyo near time of last night’s 5 intensity quake -- Highest level measured since April — Double average
Title: KUNA : M 5.1 quake jolts northeastern Japan, Fukushima nuke plant intact
Source: Kuwait News Agency
Date: Jan 23, 2012
[...] The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant said there were no signs of abnormalities at the facilities from the quake.
The quake registered lower 5 on the Japanese seismic scale of 7 in a village of Fukushima Prefecture [...]
The agency defines an intensity of lower 5 as strong enough to make hanging objects swing violently and most unstable ornaments fall.
The focus of the temblor was off the coast of Fukushima Prefecture at a depth of about 50 km. [...]
Read the report here
See also: 6:45a ET: M5.1 quake hits Fukushima 30 minutes after M4.5
- Strong quake shakes Northeastern Japan: Intensity rated at 5- on scale of 7 — Felt along entire coastline — Fukushima webcam footage (VIDEO & MAP) October 25, 2012
- Powerful M5.2 quake hits off Fukushima — 4 of 7 on Japan intensity scale (MAP) March 25, 2012
- M4.3 quake hits near Fukushima within past hour — Strongest intensity felt at monitoring post 14km from plant January 24, 2012
- Magnitude 4.7 quake hits Fukushima February 15, 2012
- M4.3 quake hits Fukushima at 7:22a ET — Strongest intensity felt around nuke plant (MAP) January 26, 2012