Title: Fukushima official Twitter tirade under fire in Japan | Bangkok Post: news
Date: June 13, 2013
A public official charged with helping victims of Japan’s nuclear disaster who launched a foul-mouthed Twitter tirade faced calls to quit Thursday.
In a posting on the micro-blogging site Yasuhisa Mizuno said citizen groups demanding measures to protect people against radiation were “lefty shit”, a report said.
“I can’t help but only feel pity for their lack of intelligence,” he wrote, under the handle @jp1tej.
The Tweets, which had been deleted by Thursday, were reported by the Mainichi newspaper. [...]
Published: June 13th, 2013 at 2:20 pm ET
- Fukushima leak is much more radioactive than Tepco claimed — Almost 20,000 times the legal limit flowed into ocean — Nuclear Official: “They seem to lack even the most basic knowledge about radiation” October 3, 2013
- Japan Journalist: I feel people’s brain damage from radiation is happening faster than we ever expected January 9, 2012
- Local Official: I feel as if we’re being killed slowly — I want everyone in the world to know that we are living in constant fear — This is infringement of human rights July 2, 2012
- AP: Radiation levels outside Fukushima “exceeded the annual limit for nuclear workers” — Residents now demanding help May 21, 2013
- Japan Prime Minister reveals shocking lack of knowledge about his Fukushima claims: Asks plant’s chief, “Where is the 0.3 km² area?” — Had promised contamination “perfectly blocked” inside 0.3 km² area of port September 20, 2013