Title: Fukushima official Twitter tirade under fire in Japan | Bangkok Post: news
Date: June 13, 2013
A public official charged with helping victims of Japan’s nuclear disaster who launched a foul-mouthed Twitter tirade faced calls to quit Thursday.
In a posting on the micro-blogging site Yasuhisa Mizuno said citizen groups demanding measures to protect people against radiation were “lefty shit”, a report said.
“I can’t help but only feel pity for their lack of intelligence,” he wrote, under the handle @jp1tej.
The Tweets, which had been deleted by Thursday, were reported by the Mainichi newspaper. [...]
Published: June 13th, 2013 at 2:20 pm ET
- Fukushima leak is much more radioactive than Tepco claimed — Almost 20,000 times the legal limit flowed into ocean — Nuclear Official: “They seem to lack even the most basic knowledge about radiation” October 3, 2013
- 34% say they still want to escape from Fukushima City — Survey results are “very severe” says gov’t official, “We need to take some measures” September 16, 2012
- Top Japan Official: Evacuating Tokyo was a ‘contingency’, not worst-case scenario — "Implementing COST-EFFECTIVE measures was the proper response" February 14, 2012
- AP: Radiation levels outside Fukushima “exceeded the annual limit for nuclear workers” — Residents now demanding help May 21, 2013
- Japan Journalist: I feel people’s brain damage from radiation is happening faster than we ever expected January 9, 2012