Title: Arnold Gundersen with another update on the unfolding effects of the Fukushima disaster
Source: KPFT Houston, If You Love This Planet Radio
Date: Aug 31, 2012
Description: This week, Dr. Caldicott brings on nuclear engineer Arnold Gundersen [...]
At 19:00 in
Caldicott: If you put concrete on it, you know it’s going to keep going down into the water table.
Caldicott: And you know it’s going to keep contaminating the Pacific Ocean for the rest of time.
Gundersen: Right. So the solution — there is no good solution — but the solution would be to bore holes underneath and constantly pull water out from under the buildings.
At 23:00 in
Caldicott: You are sacrificing the Pacific by leaving this stuff there for the rest of time, which will leak and drain consistently into the Pacific.
Gundersen: You’re right. It needs to be constantly pumped out
Listen to the report here
Published: September 3rd, 2012 at 10:48 am ET
- NHK: Radiation levels increasing at Fukushima plant — “No solution to tainted water” — Hundreds of tons flowing into reactor buildings every day (VIDEO) January 5, 2013
- Kyodo: Dumping Fukushima radioactive water is gov’ts only solution — Risk of “damaging effects” from toxic discharges — Even if fully implemented, around 300 tons of contaminated groundwater will still flow into Pacific every day (VIDEO) February 4, 2014
- Japan Experts: Fukushima Unit 4 is the immediate crisis… entire world is concerned — No good solution for speeding up fuel removal January 31, 2013
- TV Host: I’m studying Fukushima every day — “They have no idea what they’re going to do… There’s no solution… It’s a nightmare” — Tens of thousands of gallons of radioactive water spill into Pacific Ocean each day — “We really need to shut down all reactors” (VIDEO) August 8, 2014
- Gundersen: Fukushima reactors still releasing radioactive gas — Biggest problem is buildings are leaking into groundwater (VIDEO) July 30, 2012