Title: Prosecutors seize testimony of former Fukushima nuclear plant chief
Date: Feb 4, 2013
Prosecutors investigating responsibility for the Fukushima No.1 Nuclear Power Plant disaster have seized testimony from the plant’s former chief, who cannot currently be questioned due to poor health.
Prosecutors obtained records documented by a government disaster investigation team, apparently judging them necessary in deciding whether they can form a criminal case against the former chief, Masao Yoshida.
[...] according to TEPCO sources, Yoshida, who has been reported as having esophageal cancer and having suffered a stroke, is in worse shape now than when he was questioned by the government team, and it would be almost impossible to question him.
Title: PROMETHEUS TRAP (4): U.S. official sought ‘heroic sacrifice’ from Japan
Source: AJW by The Asahi Shimbun
Author: HIROYOSHI ITABASHI
Date: Feb 4, 2013
U.S. official sought ‘heroic sacrifice’ from Japan
At 9 a.m. on March 16, 2011, Kurt Campbell, assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, invited Japanese Ambassador Ichiro Fujisaki into his office in Washington, D.C. [...]
Campbell went on to say that the Fukushima plant was in a very dangerous state and that immediate action was necessary. One phrase that caught the attention of embassy officials was “heroic sacrifice.” Campbell said such sacrifice was necessary by the several hundreds of workers who would have to go in while realizing what dangers were in store for them at the Fukushima plant. [...]
See also: Ex-Chief at Fukushima Daiichi bleeding to brain -- Undergoes emergency brain hemorrhage surgery -- Already suffering from cancer in esophagus
Published: February 4th, 2013 at 11:04 am ET
- Ex-Chief at Fukushima Daiichi bleeding to brain — Undergoes emergency brain hemorrhage surgery — Already suffering from cancer in esophagus July 30, 2012
- Former chief of Fukushima nuclear plant dead from cancer at 58 years old — Tepco: Not related to radioactive exposure July 9, 2013
- Prosecutors question ex-Tepco chairman over Fukushima — “Accused of being responsible for the injury from radiation exposure” January 24, 2013
- Radiation Expert: Horrific health toll from Fukushima — “Impossible not to be moved by scale of deaths and suffering” — Thousands to die of cancer and that’s just the tip of the iceberg — Number of dead babies significantly increased in many areas of Japan — Government actions unconscionable (AUDIO) August 28, 2015
- TV Interview: Do you believe Tepco is ready to run nuclear plants? — Tepco after 20 seconds of total silence: “That is a difficult question” (VIDEO) March 26, 2012