Published: February 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm ET

Title: Rally and demonstration on 14 December 2012 in Fukushima
Source: tatakaukai
Date Recorded: December 14, 2012
Date Published: January 31, 2013

At :30 in

Speaker: We do not need IAEA here in Fukushima.

At 2:30 in

Rancher: Our hometown became “Chernobyl”

At 3:30 in

Mother: My son worked until recently in a nuclear plant [...] But recently he said, “I’ve finally understood you. Mom, you’re right! Tepco got to hell!”

Published: February 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm ET

22 comments to Fukushima Video: “Our hometown became Chernobyl” — Nuke worker: “I’ve finally understood you… Mom, you’re right! Tepco got to hell!”

• kintaman kintaman

"We will never give up. Fukushima must live"?? That is a sad and naive statement. Fukushima is finished. There is decontaminating it. It will only be livable after many thousands of years…..not in any of our life times.

Who is guilty for the high crimes of contaminating the pristine lands of Japan? Who is guilty for deceiving the people and shortening their lives and contaminating their bloodlines?

Why are those responsible not being held up and judged for this? Why??

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@kintaman: think you meant "There is – no – decontaminating it." I'd have to add, this now applies to the entire planet. The water, air and land now carry radioactive contaminants throughout the four corners of the earth…

• markww markww

People of Fukushima Godzilla has destroyed your cities (FUKUSHIMA) for thousands of years.There is no place to run In japan,Only lost dreams now as FUKUSHIMA fizzles Tons of radiation over your land

Markww

• RJ RJ

Hello Mark, I get your Godzilla reference (nuclear monster), though it's a little off and insensitive IMO. Humans did this, and do this, to each other.

But I have to disagree with your "no where to run" comment. I'm in Yamaguchi, and I don't feel threatened by the fall out at all. I think Chugoku and Kyushu, which are south and west of Fuku, are safe. Yes, I have to check where everything was grown, and there's always the possibility that the (magabank/farm cooperative) JA could be doing some evil things, but I find it hard to believe that they would drive a load of carrots from Fuku to Yamaguchi just to sell it. Very costly in gas and highway fees.

Now, on the other hand, if you're talking about a total catastrophe, the #4 FP or an explosion, then I would agree that there is nowhere to run, except maybe the deep southern hemisphere.

If either of those things did happen, I imagine myself jet skiing across the Japan Sea to Korea.

• AGreenRoad AGreenRoad

How Dangerous Is 400-600 Pounds Of Plutonium Nano Particle Dust Liberated By Fukushima? Via A Green Road http://agreenroad.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-dangerous-is-400-600-pounds-of.html

Hot Particles (Fuel Fleas) From Fukushima Continue To Circulate Globally; via A Green Road http://agreenroad.blogspot.com/2012/04/hot-particles-from-fukushima-continue.html

• john lh john lh

Dear RJ, The "no where to run" comment from Micky or anyone is true and logical, if you can take the timeline of 25,000 year radioactive pollution as part of this background parameter.

No where to run, No way to stop it, No one can survive ,that logical and science.

I am sorry to repeat this, but you Japanese just die early than us.

Tepeco and this world has done nothing over last 2 years, just let the meltdown and leakage continue to fly… We are all in shit situation ,more or less ,early or later…

• Jay

RJ , right now only the wind will decide your faith .
        BTW , what kind of radiation meter do you have ?

• RJ RJ

This is a reply to all three posters above.

To AGreenRoad

Thank you for the posts. But it’s nothing I didn’t know. Nowhere in the articles did they mention that radiation or “dust” particles were being found in Chugoku or Kyushu. And I’ve never heard, nor seen posted, that any were found down here. Of course, this doesn’t take into account that Kita Kyushu is burning possible radioactive debris. I know Mr. Gunderson said that all of Japan was breathing in the dust particles, but he also said that the US were too. So I am posting a couple of links for you.

The first is todays wind pattern. I know these wind patterns are constantly changing, but I have been checking them daily for two years and VERY rarely does a wind pattern even get close to traveling from Fuku to Osaka. And I am south and west of Osaka: Via RJ

The second is todays Jet Stream forecast, and as you can see, any particles that make it to the stream would be carried East. Via RJ

To John Ih

I don’t know what to say, either you’re up too early or up too late. Some of your comments are…well strange. “Comment from Micky”? All you had to do was scroll up a little to see it was from Mark. Mark said that there was no place to run “in Japan”, so I was commenting on that. If you want to spin his comment, and say he was talking about 25,000 years, well then…..yeah…

• RJ RJ

Con't

I can’t believe you’re going to make me defend TEPCO (something I hate to do and have never done before), but here we go. To say that TEPCO has done “nothing” is just….well, see my first sentence. The Japanese are VERY methodical. This might be good for making cars, but doesn’t work in crises situations. “They haven’t done enough” would have been the better comment.

“but you Japanese just die early than us” WOW! and I’m not Japanese. US citizen. Take a look at my two links above. It could be deduced that the US, especially the West coast, is in more danger than I am.

To Jay

That is so true. It’s a “cross your fingers and wait” life.
            No, I don’t have a meter, but will be getting one when I go visit the folks in Florida next week. Any recommendations. Don’t want to spend over $500. Thanks

• Three Eleven Eleven Three Eleven Eleven

"Japan police arrest mobster over Fukushima clean-up"

"…allegedly dispatched three men to Fukushima to work on clean-up crews"

"…told police that he intended to profit from the scheme by taking a cut of the workers' wages"

"It was the first arrest of a mobster linked to Fukushima clean-up"

"…journalist, Tomohiko Suzuki, told AFP the crime groups have long sent debtors to nuclear power plants as a way of paying off loans made at sky-high rates."

• john lh john lh

NO, It is tens and hundreds thousand times of Chernobyl.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

Unfortunately, a nuclear meltdown can happen to any country, at any time. This technology is the biggest mistake man ever made.

• We Not They Finally

Tepco already WENT to hell the minute they failed to evacuate within hundreds of miles. Now when we can finally individually scrape them from the surface of the planet, they can finish out the rest of their sentence. Where exactly? I'm fine with "hell." Someone higher than you or me will figure that out.

• Three Eleven Eleven Three Eleven Eleven

The speaker in the video said "We do not need IAEA here in Fukushima."

Unbelievably this IAEA publication says "radiation is actually a weak carcinogen."

Conversely this cancer.org publication says Radiation can cause

thyroid, kidney, melanomas, leukemias, lung, occupational Cancers

• AGreenRoad AGreenRoad

Hmmmm, but then doctors say radiation is GOOD FOR YOU… and heals.

How does that work?

Is radiation Good, Bad, or neutral, just because someone says it is?

What is the truth? Hmmmmmm

Question authority…

• How is it that politicians get away with allowing this level of exposure?

It turns out the way this outrage is rationalized is by raising allowable radiation exposure levels.

Statisticians can develop projections of dose-effects using ICRP tables.

These tables grossly under-estimate the effects of exposure on women and children (see. e.g., http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/01/30/women-children-first-to-be-harmed-by-radiation/ )

My analysis of the long term implications

• Three Eleven Eleven Three Eleven Eleven

Yes, it is disgusting how they minimize radiation dangers.

imo, they calculate "safe" by using the "Greed" formula.

The "Greed" formula goes something like this:

>> The amount of radiation they claim is safe is directly proportional to the amount of money they keep in their pockets by claiming it's safe. <<

"Directly porportional" means they both go up at the same time.

So the more they claim it's "safe" the more their profits go up.

Actually Dr. Karl Grossman says it in a much better way :

The nuclear industry is full of "LIARS FOR HIRE"

and "NUCLEAR PINICCHIOS."