Japan’s Fukushima Reactor May Have Leaked Radiation Before Tsunami Struck, Bloomberg by Yuji Okada, Tsuyoshi Inajima and Shunichi Ozasa, May 19, 2011 6:21 am EDT:
[...] Japan’s government in April raised the severity rating of the Fukushima crisis to the highest on an international scale, the same level as the Chernobyl disaster. The station, which has experienced hundreds of aftershocks since March 11, may release more radiation than Chernobyl before the crisis is contained, Tepco officials have said.
Published: May 19th, 2011 at 7:12 pm ET
- UK gov’t plan based on radiation release from Fukushima being almost double Chernobyl total June 22, 2011
- TEPCO: Fukushima still leaking radiation — Concerned it will exceed Chernobyl April 12, 2011
- Study shows soil contamination from Fukushima meltdown comparable to Chernobyl: Kyodo May 24, 2011
- Fukushima is already at or above Chernobyl levels and it continues to release significant amounts of radiation, says former U.S. Energy Dept. official June 11, 2011
- Tepco: We should have told public this sooner… we failed to cool molten fuel after meltdowns began — Experts: Fukushima cesium release could be more than triple Chernobyl (PHOTO) December 14, 2013