Radio VR, June 9, 2014: Fukushima, the world’s permanent headache [...] Arnie Gundersen, a veteran nuclear engineer and director of Fairewinds Energy Education: “What the water did do is it went into the ground and is moving downward into groundwater, which will get to the ocean shortly. [...] The site is going to bleed into the ocean for a hundred years. [...] They have contaminated the entire groundwater underneath the site and eventually, all of that water will move into the Pacific.” >> Full broadcast here
ABC Radio (Australia), June 9, 2014:
- Mark Willacy, ABC correspondent: [The ice wall project] shows you just how dire the situation is… This has never happened before… This is the greatest nuclear contamination of the ocean in history… [The amount released into ocean] can’t be quantified. It’s incredible amounts.
- Steve Austin, Host: Don’t eat the fish oil caplets that come from the Pacific.
- Willacy: If it doesn’t work we’re really back to square one… it is the great last hope that Tepco has and, I believe, the government. If it doesn’t work, I don’t think anyone knows how to solve this problem.
- Willacy: It is a global issue.
- Full ABC interview available here
Published: June 10th, 2014 at 9:55 am ET
- Report: “No one wants you to know how bad Fukushima might still be… gaining traction as the worst case of nuclear pollution in history” — Physician: “This is a global contamination of wide swaths of the biosphere” (VIDEO) August 21, 2014
- Former Japan Official: “Unstoppable contamination of Pacific Ocean… is seriously menacing US West Coast” — “Fukushima now undeniably a global security issue… can’t be brought under control by single state” — Experts: Wave of radiation will be 10 times more than entire world’s nuclear tests combined December 2, 2015
- Columnist: The truth must be told, Fukushima a major global threat to all living flora and fauna… Mainstream media not best source of information — Gundersen: Only thing saving us is the internet (AUDIO) November 16, 2013
- TV: Warnings the worst is yet to come at Fukushima — Deep underneath nuclear plant a massive pool of contamination is believed to be heading toward Pacific Ocean (VIDEO) September 20, 2013
- Former Ambassador to President Obama: Fukushima Unit 4 can cause “major global catastrophe” — This is the “most pressing global security issue” November 6, 2013