Excerpt from: Md. woman sees long-term effects of radiation in Fukushima
Date: Dec 30, 2012
[...] Residents report strange symptoms
[...] Some of the mothers told [Akemi Maeshima of Rockville, Maryland, a school nurse for 25 years in Japan who's been volunteering for the past year at Mano Elementary School in Minami Soma City] that they lost hair within six months of the plant meltdown and subsequent release of radiation.
“Their hair started falling out,” she says. “They were almost bald. They told me they were wearing wigs.”
An office administrator at her school, a 26-year-old woman, reported that her throat had started to hurt and her lymph nodes had started to swell.
In both cases, doctors told the women there was no way to determine if the symptoms were caused by radiation. But the women saw other patients with similar symptoms at doctors’ offices, Maeshima says. [...]
Published: December 30th, 2012 at 10:13 pm ET
- *Started 20 minutes ago* Live Stream: 100 women from Fukushima taking action outside gov’t offices in Tokyo (VIDEO) October 26, 2011
- Nuclear Expert in Fukushima: People’s feet turned black for years because radiation so high — Every time I turned around I saw someone who had radiation damage — Hair falling out, caughing up blood, bodies covered with boils… Officials keeping doctors from telling truth… Public being brainwashed (VIDEO) April 11, 2016
- Photos: Adults volunteer Japanese students “for decontamination in contaminated area” — Mounds of disaster debris September 20, 2012
- Reports: Fukushima women losing their hair — Resemblance to chemotherapy? (PHOTOS) January 3, 2012
- Japan Radiation Professor: Women can’t control themselves — Leads to stress, then teeth & hair fall out January 14, 2012