Citizens of Minamisoma share personal struggles they continue to face
At 5:00 in
Unidentified Speaker : And many women are aborting their babies.
Interviewer: I have also heard that the number of abortions increasing. But I don’t know if it’s really true.
Minamisoma Resident: It’s really happening.
Interviewer: It’s not just a rumor, but actually true?
Minamisoma Resident: Many people are afraid to have children. I know many people who feel that way. I know many women who were visibly pregnant then suddenly weren’t.
At 7:30 in
Minamisoma Resident 2: Although more than a year has passed we are still suffering. Our hearts are still anguished by issues such as this problem of increasing abortions.
Published: July 2nd, 2012 at 3:56 pm ET
- Pregnant women used for decontamination activity after Fukushima disaster -Report (VIDEO) August 9, 2012
- Japan Professor: Pregnant women get free new houses if they move back to Fukushima — Physician/Mayor: Children being severely harmed, must be evacuated; World has never come across situation like this (VIDEO) October 30, 2013
- TV: Doctors warn about radioactive substances from Fukushima coming to West Coast in 2014 — Consider keeping kids away from beach, perhaps pregnant women as well (VIDEO) October 11, 2013
- Kyodo: Woman dies in Fukushima evacuation zone — Suddenly fell ill and collapsed March 20, 2012
- Three Mile Island meltdown 34 years ago today — “America’s Forgotten Nuclear Terror” — Pregnant women, small children told to leave area (VIDEO & AUDIO) March 28, 2013