Fukushima Worker: I don’t think temperature gauge is broken — Likely area is getting heated
Tweets by Fukushima worker @Happy20790 translated by Fukushima Diary:
[...] I don’t think it’s broken though. I don’t know the distance of the nuclear debris and heating gauge, nor the flow of cooling water but I think it’s likely that only one part gets heated.
Only if they haven’t declared cold shutdown, we could treat it in variety of ways as an accident but because Tepco and Japanese government have to keep it lower than 100℃ not to let it deny the state of cold shutdown, knowing it causes additional problems, they are putting boric acid and increasing water amount.
Read the report here
- Reactor No. 2 temperature steadily trending downward — Is gauge broken? February 15, 2012
- FNN: Temperature rising at Reactor No. 2 pressure vessel (VIDEO) — Fukushima worker more worried about No. 2 than No. 4 February 5, 2012
- Temperature drops to 2°C from 220°C at Reactor No. 2 — Only since decrease is gauge failure indicated on Tepco data February 16, 2012
- Off the Scale: Reactor No. 2 temperature exceeded 400°C — Tepco says device broken — Reporter asks about recriticality February 13, 2012
- Fukushima Worker: Too much liquid dripping inside reactor to be evaporated water — Something must be open from damage January 20, 2012