Title: Atomic Rats, Fishing For Beams & Cleaning Up The Common Pool At Daiichi
Date: Dec 20, 2012
Atomic Rats [...]
Workers at the plant are reporting seeing rats at Daiichi. Worker Happy11311 mentioned seeing them and was worried they would damage cables at the plant. They could cause obvious safety problems if they chewed on electrical or water lines. Small animals also pose the risk of getting into equipment and causing issues by tripping electrical systems. Then there is the problem of rats being in contact with high levels of radiation then making them highly contaminated. This can cause problems as they then spread the contamination up the food chain or take it with them if they leave the immediate area.
— ハッピー (@Happy11311) December 20, 2012
Translation by Fukushima Diary: I like animals but haven’t seen rats before. Recently I see rats in many places of Fukushima plant. ・・・ They much bigger than Jerry. I’m concerned they may cause a trouble by biting cables.
See also: Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I got worried about corrosion of pipes after seeing new video of Reactor 1 -- One day pipes will break from slight quake after seeing how much they corroded in only a year -- Same risk at all four reactors (PHOTO)
Published: December 21st, 2012 at 11:29 am ET
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: Contamination is still spreading around from plant — Significantly high levels may be spread during decommissioning work January 23, 2013
- Asahi: ‘Unusually high’ radioactivity detected in Fukushima groundwater by ocean outside Reactors 1 & 2 — High-level strontium contamination ‘spreading’ underground September 27, 2013
- Fukushima Worker: I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2012, now stomach and intestinal cancers found recently — Each developed independently, not from one spreading — Worked at plant for just 4 months in 2011 October 29, 2013
- Fukushima Worker: I’m worried about pressure forcing water up through cracked ground at nuclear plant — Level now rising on mountain side August 18, 2013
- Contamination sprayed on men at Fukushima plant — Alarm sounds over radioactivity levels — Worker: They never told us Reactor 3 building was steaming, “I found out about it on TV” (VIDEO) August 12, 2013