Fukushima worker confesses “There is nothing left that we could do”, Fukushima Diary by Mochizuki, November 23, 2011 (Emphasis Added):
This Fukushima worker (Twitter account Happy20790) tweets useful information daily. [...]
In short, he says Tepco started reducing the number of workers because they can not do anything for the reactors anymore. [...]
He explains, the next thing to do is to check the state of container vessels pressure vessels, define the actual point of the leakage of contaminated water, and action to stop the leakage, but there is zero plan / idea how to manage it.
The interiors of the buildings are extremely radioactive and nobody can officially go into reactor 3 [...] The only thing they can do is to analyze the gas from inside of the container vessels.
Thus nothing can be done by human anymore. They can only clean debris, take away broken operation floor, maintain the water purifying system, setting new tanks etc..
Published: November 23rd, 2011 at 11:49 am ET
- Asahi: More contamination is leaking at Fukushima than Tepco announces, says worker — Alarms inevitably go off during radiation inspections at end of day — Officials: Nothing’s being controlled; Prime Minister has no idea what’s happening September 23, 2013
- Photo: Duct tape, upside down orange traffic cone used to manage leaking material at Fukushima Unit 4 May 29, 2013
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I think all reactors will be in crisis after major aftershock — We don’t have enough people to settle down No. 4 fuel pool and other reactors May 27, 2012
- Fukushima worker concerned about ground settlement at plant — What will happen when Tepco starts pumping up 100s of tons of groundwater? May 22, 2012
- Workers are fired once they have heatstroke -Fukushima Daiichi Worker August 3, 2012