Title: The Fukushima Lie
Source: ZDF (German TV)
Author: Documentary by Johannes Hano, camera Heiko Käberich, Toby Marshall
Upload Date: Mar 22, 2012
Uploaded by: StevenMorello
Translation by: Steven Muschalik
Subtitles by: Jerry Sa
Original Link: http://zoom.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/9/0,1872,8235273_idDispatch:11369630,00.html
At 1:09 in
Narrator: Yukitero Naka and his people know what is really happening in the nuclear ruins. [...] Even if they were able to create enough qualified engineers and staff for the next 40 years, one problem remains that could change Japan and the world.
Question: Is the nuclear power plant safe now?
Yukitero Naka, Nuclear Engineer: Well, that’s what TEPCO and the government says, but the people in there don’t believe it.
There is still a great danger.
My personal concern is the fourth reactor block.
The building has been strongly damaged by the earthquake.
There are approximately 1300 spent fuel rods in the cooling pond on level four. In the level above newer rods are stored as well as a lot of heavy machinery. This is all very, very heavy.
If another earthquake occurs then the building could collapse and another chain reaction could very likely occur.
Narrator: So, a meltdown under the free sky which would be the end of Japan as we know it today.
The radiation would be direct deadly.
The work on the ground would be totally impossible.
The most likely consequence is that reactors 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 get out of control.
Read the report here
Published: March 26th, 2012 at 5:11 am ET
- Nuclear engineer: Enormous amount of plutonium at No. 4 spent fuel pool in danger of catching fire; Pool is cracked and leaking (VIDEO) April 13, 2011
- Nuclear Engineer: Removed fuel assemblies NOT from spent fuel pool (VIDEO) August 31, 2012
- Nuclear Engineer: “You’re done, that’s it” if seal leaks at Unit No. 4 — “You can never pump enough water in to establish a level again in spent fuel pool” (VIDEO) June 27, 2012
- Gundersen: New data shows Fukushima exceeds Chernobyl… Plumes seen emanating from both the Unit 3 fuel pool & reactor — Nuke Engineer: Broken fuel rods are above all 3 melted down reactors — Gov’t Experts: Unit 3 explosion may have damaged spent fuel & released even more radioactive material (VIDEO) February 9, 2015
- Nuclear Engineer: To me it means Tepco knows about a rip in spent fuel pool liner at Fukushima Unit 3 (VIDEO) November 16, 2012