Gizmodo, Dec. 31, 2013: “Mystery Steam Over Fukushima Could Be Sign of Another Meltdown [...] The newest update in the highly disconcerting series of devastating failures that is the Fukushima cleanup effort is troubling to say the least. Tepco has confirmed that (unexplained) plumes of steam have been rising from the mangled remains of Reactor Building 3. In other words, there’s a chance Fukushima could be in the middle of another meltdown. The thing is, no one has been able to find out the exact cause of the rising, mysterious radioactive steam because the combination of physical damage and, more importantly, lethal radiation levels have made investigating the reactor impossible. Tepco has known that a followup meltdown was a severe possibility, though. [...]”
This Gizmodo report cites an article at ‘The Ecologist’ website, which doesn’t link to any evidence supporting their claims. In fact, there’s only one link throughout the entire piece — and it’s to an article by the ‘Turner Radio Network‘.
EXSKF has written about the many problems with the claims being made by the ‘Turner Radio Network’. Earlier today SimplyInfo addressed unsubstantiated rumors concerning Unit 3. Wikipedia has some additional information about the ‘Turner Radio Network’ website.
To read the first report on the steam recently observed by Tepco at Unit 3, see the ENENews post: Steam coming from Fukushima Unit 3 reactor building -- Observed multiple times this week
Published: December 31st, 2013 at 5:49 pm ET
- Gundersen: Very visible steam at Fukushima Unit 3 is from constant radioactive releases — Coming from hot rubble, not related to new explosion January 1, 2014
- BBC website links to report claiming ocean is ‘boiling’ in front of Fukushima Daiichi (PHOTOS) August 31, 2013
- Top official says meltdown likely under way at a SECOND nuclear reactor March 12, 2011
- Green, contaminated water fills bottom of Unit 4 – Removed: Report, photos of destroyed containment vessel interior deleted from website — Reporters: We strongly feel that effort from whole nation is needed to face future at Fukushima (PHOTO) February 13, 2014
- Report: Senior official admits Fukushima plant “out of control” — Tepco then claims he “meant to say something different” (VIDEO) September 13, 2013