Title: Press Conference with Hirohiko Izumida, Governor of Niigata Prefecture
Source: Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Japan
Date: Aug 28, 2013
At 49:00 in
Hirohiko Izumida, Governor of Niigata Prefecture: Tepco on either the 12th of March or on the 11th of March had already anticipated a meltdown to occur.
For example, there should be soul-searching in regard to Fukushima, and it should be made clear as to who gave the instructions to tell lies for a period of two months. And it is necessary to do this for them to regain credibility, and yet there is no one that has been able to talk about this.
In other words, it doesn’t mean that a person had to go to the No. 2 reactor to look at the high doses, but rather normally it should have been explained that there were reasons why lies had to be told but now what is going to be carried out from here onwards so that lies will no longer be conveyed.
Published: September 1st, 2013 at 6:13 pm ET
- Professor in Japan Blasts Gov’t, Tepco: “These are lies, they’re absolutely lies” (VIDEO) July 10, 2012
- Show host back from Tokyo: We were told a lot of people are sick from Fukushima and the gov’t lies about it (VIDEO) March 5, 2012
- Former Prime Minister of Japan: We’ve been lied to, nuclear experts lying to us… They’ve been telling a pack of lies — Governor: Tepco needs to reveal who gave orders to lie about Fukushima meltdowns (VIDEO) January 16, 2014
- Japan Representative: Tepco and the gov’t have been telling lies to the people — Officials have hidden the real numbers or given wrong ones (VIDEO) June 3, 2012
- NYTimes: Human crisis unfolding in Fukushima — Many now realizing “we’re being lied to, they can’t fix things” — “Lies… They can’t handle it… Many here have given up” (VIDEO) October 2, 2013