Governor: People should be held criminally responsible for Fukushima — Why has nobody been arrested?
Title: Governor: Why no arrests over crisis?
Source: Japan Times
Date: Feb. 15, 2012
Saitama Gov. Kiyoshi Ueda wants to see Tokyo Electric Power Co. held criminally responsible for the Fukushima nuclear crisis.
At a regular news conference, he sharply criticized the utility and questioned why nobody in Tepco has been arrested.
- “Tepco has caused this big trouble to everyone under the sun and nobody has been arrested. I want to ask, ‘Doesn’t anyone (in Tepco) want to turn themselves in?’”
- “Some people would be arrested if gas tanks explode or a fire breaks out in a department store”
Read the report here
- Kyodo: Criminal complaint to be filed against top gov’t and Tepco officials — Says failures left many exposed to radiation — Assemblyman: “Nonsense that nobody has been held criminally responsible for causing a major nuclear accident” March 15, 2012
- TEPCO employee arrested for making prank calls to TEPCO — Anger over having to eat radiation-contaminated food, say sources September 27, 2011
- Former Fukushima Governor who took on Tepco: My friends committed suicide — One still in coma (VIDEO) March 26, 2012
- Reports: Tokyo Vice Governor suggests Fukushima draft? “We all Japanese must face it” — Sale of foreign Geiger counters banned? March 19, 2012
- Gov’t held secret meetings about human health impacts from Fukushima crisis October 4, 2012