Jiji Press, Feb. 7, 2014: Eight more Fukushima kids found with thyroid cancer — Eight more Fukushima children have been confirmed as having thyroid gland cancer following the prefecture’s checkups, a local panel of experts said Friday [...] it is unlikely the disease was caused by exposure to radiation [...] The panel said 75 people were suspected of having thyroid gland cancer as of the end of last year, of whom 33 were confirmed as having the disease. Three months before, the number of confirmed patients stood at 25. [...] 270,000 have been examined.
Fukushima Voice, Feb. 7, 2014: [...] the news post published today in multiple newspapers regarding the Fukushima Medical University beginning a genetic analysis of the cancer tissues [...] to analyze for genetic alterations to help figure out why the cancer originated. What was odd was that [Shinichi Suzuki, a Fukushima Medical University physician in charge of the thyroid ultrasound examination], as if avoiding a swarm of questions, offered an explanation that such genetic analyses are routinely performed on adult cancer specimen [...] He asked for an understanding as he felt it was the mission of Fukushima Medical University to conduct the genetic analysis in order to watch over the children’s future. As for the perceived “slow” speed of confirming the cancer cases, Suzuki said that some of the cases suspected of cancer did not warrant immediate surgeries [...] As usual, no information was offered such as the type of nodules and also details of each surgical case [...]
Andrey Dyomin, president of the Russian Association for Public Health, Feb. 6, 2014: [A surge of diseases 5-6 years after March 2011] is to be expected in Japan. “We cannot say that the problem would disappear in five years. The rise of morbidity will continue as the general gene pool has been damaged. Next generations will carry the burden of that catastrophe”.
And: Gundersen: All of Japan is contaminated, gov't covering up enormous exposures to public; Epidemic is just beginning -- Evacuee: We are in fact dying in Fukushima; What happened to us will soon affect all Japanese people (VIDEOS)
Too Soon? See: Fukushima Cover-Up: Extraordinary amount of kids have thyroid cancer -- Officials say NOT caused by Fukushima since Chernobyl's cancers took 4-5 yrs to appear -- Yet data shows it started soon after '86 meltdown... number of cases still rising 25 years later
Published: February 7th, 2014 at 11:32 pm ET
- 50% jump in cancer in Fukushima children’s thyroids since last report 3 months ago — Now 90 cases suspected or confirmed — Gov’t Experts: “Difficult to determine” if cancers caused by nuclear disaster May 20, 2014
- Japan Professor: Fukushima crisis is leading to surge in thyroid cancers… First signs of health catastrophe — NHK: Trend seen in new cancer tests is ‘suspicious’ (VIDEO) August 23, 2013
- Japan experts voice alarm over “surge in cancers among young in Fukushima” — Gov’t told to “implement measures now” and be prepared for surge to increase further December 23, 2013
- Japan Paper: Now 104 children diagnosed with cancer of thyroid in Fukushima — New results show 5-fold increase in rate of suspected/confirmed cancers August 26, 2014
- Asahi: “Unexpectedly high” number of thyroid cancers in Fukushima children — Experts: Premature to say nuclear disaster played no role June 6, 2013