[...] Meteorological agency warned bigger earthquake of M8.0 class is expected.
The M7.3 was one of the aftershocks of 311, which was outerrise type of the earthquake. M8.0 class of the earthquake was expected but the last one was smaller.
There is a possibility that a bigger outerrise type one occurs at North or South of this epicenter. [...]
It was expected to happen as a reaction of 311, which was reverse fault type. [...]
See also: [intlink id="m7-3-earthquake-strikes-northeast-japan-nhk-warned-of-strong-quake-minutes-before-it-hit-several-m5-and-m6-aftershocksvideo" type="post"] Japan TV warned of strong quake minutes BEFORE it hit[/intlink]
Published: December 7th, 2012 at 11:55 am ET
- TV: Massive M8.2 quake in Eastern Pacific triggers tsunami — NHK: Fukushima plant cancels work, cooling pumps and emergency generators moved to higher ground — Agency warns high waves could reach Japan early tomorrow (VIDEO) April 2, 2014
- Reports: “Something may have happened at Fukushima II Nuclear Power Plant” after M7.3 quake — Tepco “did not know cause of pressure rise” December 7, 2012
- Gov’t warns of impending quake shortly before M6.9 hit northern Japan — “Make yourself safe, turn off the gas…” February 2, 2013
- Powerful M6.8 quake rocks NE Japan — Strongest to hit nation since 2011 — Official warns of upcoming aftershocks & tsunami, says tectonic plate is subducting in Pacific — CBS: Scientists detect month-long shaking on seafloor that could foreshadow mega quake similar to 3/11 (VIDEO) May 13, 2015
- ZDF Bureau Chief: Very high radioactive dose of 65 microsieverts per hour in Fukushima City — “Informed officials 3 month ago, nothing happened until today!” — Many children pass by everyday (PHOTO) May 17, 2013