Follow-up to: Tokyo Professor: Radionuclides are being released continuously into ocean from Fukushima plant -- Coming from somewhere around reactor housings (CHART)
Guardian, March 6, 2013 at 12:46p ET: Harufumi Uchida [is] a manager whose company is helping to construct a shield to stop radiation leaking into the sea.
Guardian, March 6, 2013 at 12:15p ET: Soon, a steel shield will be driven into the seabed to prevent contamination from the plant from leaking into the Pacific Ocean.
See also: Wall nearly 100 feet tall to be built underground at Fukushima Daiichi to prevent further spread of radioactive contamination -- Construction begins tomorrow, ends June 2014 (PHOTOS)
Published: March 6th, 2013 at 1:43 pm ET
- ‘The Coming Fallout’: Experts now fear massive reservoir of Fukushima contamination about to reach Pacific Ocean — “Slow, seeping buildup of a second catastrophe” — Workers can’t say when or how they can stop flow August 27, 2013
- Fukushima Mystery? TV: Japan expert says radiation levels in ocean too high to be explained by groundwater flow alone — Must be coming from “other contamination routes” entering Pacific — “Devastating impact” to come? (VIDEO) August 19, 2013
- Guardian on Fukushima Workers: We felt like kamikaze pilots — “Acute radiation sickness” ever-present danger January 11, 2013
- TV: Attempt to stop flow of highly radioactive liquid at Fukushima “in doubt” — AP: Much of it is pouring in trenches going out into Pacific — Experts: Amount entering ocean “increasing by 400 tons daily” — Problem “so severe” it’s consuming nearly all workers at site — Top Plant Official: “Little cause for optimism” (VIDEO) November 14, 2014
- Fukushima workers “undergoing treatment for radiation exposure” — Tepco: “6 people have been irradiated… big mistakes like this continue to happen again and again… essential that we put something in place to stop this” (VIDEO) October 9, 2013