Follow-up to: Asahi: Cancer risk for infants near Fukushima plant has risen, says WHO -- More tumors and cysts likely for young people
According to an email from Fairewinds’ chief engineer Arnie Gundersen:
Do you trust the WHO?
I don’t trust this data … my guess is that WHO underestimated the radiological deposition and releases, and thus came up with exposures that are too low. Also, I suspect they have omitted hot particles and internal emitters from their dose assumptions. The same thing happened at TMI. Bad assumptions create low exposures. GIGO!
Watch: Exposed: World Health Organization beholden to nuclear interests -- "Like having Dracula guard the blood bank" (VIDEOS)
Published: November 25th, 2012 at 12:34 pm ET
- Japanese consultant: We don’t trust radiation reports from NHK or other channels and newspapers — Many in Japan unable to trust gov’t assurances -Globe & Mail October 12, 2011
- Japan TV: Gov’t officials discover nuclear material flowing into ground at Fukushima; Releases thought to be ongoing for months — Expert: “No end” to problems with radioactive waste at plant; Public does not trust what they are being told (VIDEO) June 6, 2014
- Kyodo: Gov’t to dump Fukushima plant groundwater into Pacific Ocean once plan approved — Senior Scientist: No one believes claims by gov’t labs or Tepco about releases, “there’s a shattered trust there” (VIDEO) February 3, 2014
- Fox Host: I wasn’t aware sickness among Navy sailors was so widespread after Fukushima; Experts say dangerous radioactive releases to air and ocean — Tepco didn’t give U.S. radiation data for 3 to 4 days (VIDEOS) December 20, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Exposure in Japan underestimated — ‘Medical levels’ of radioactive gases inhaled — Obviously should have evacuated much further, must faster December 26, 2011