Gundersen on WHO: I don’t trust their data — Garbage in, garbage out — I suspect hot particles and internal emitters are omitted, and radioactive releases underestimated
According to an email from Fairewinds’ chief engineer Arnie Gundersen:
Do you trust the WHO?
I don’t trust this data … my guess is that WHO underestimated the radiological deposition and releases, and thus came up with exposures that are too low. Also, I suspect they have omitted hot particles and internal emitters from their dose assumptions. The same thing happened at TMI. Bad assumptions create low exposures. GIGO!
- Japanese consultant: We don’t trust radiation reports from NHK or other channels and newspapers — Many in Japan unable to trust gov’t assurances -Globe & Mail October 12, 2011
- Kyodo: Gov’t to dump Fukushima plant groundwater into Pacific Ocean once plan approved — Senior Scientist: No one believes claims by gov’t labs or Tepco about releases, “there’s a shattered trust there” (VIDEO) February 3, 2014
- Yomiuri: Average pre-school child in Koriyama had external radiation dose of 110 µSv during Nov. — 60km from Fukushima plant — Won’t immediately affect health says gov’t — Internal not included — No data from Mar. to Oct. January 6, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Exposure in Japan underestimated — ‘Medical levels’ of radioactive gases inhaled — Obviously should have evacuated much further, must faster December 26, 2011
- Fukushima nuclear fuel fragments found in Europe — 10,000+ km from reactors — Plume came directly from N. America — Hot particles a “significant part” radioactive release — Quickly spread over entire hemisphere — Film shows core material on Norway air filter (PHOTO) May 6, 2014