Gundersen on Gamma Rays: “Implies rubble was activated by neutrons, or that activation products like Cobalt-60 are in rubble — Interesting”
Regarding the recent news that Japanese officials report concerns about gamma rays being emitted from Fukushima plant debris, Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen writes to ENENews:
Gamma rays from rubble implies that the rubble was activated by neutrons or that activation products like Co60 are in the rubble. Interesting.
- Japanese officials report concerns about gamma rays being emitted from Fukushima plant debris August 27, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Everybody is now paying attention to Unit 4 because we have four years to go before fuel removed — If water lost, a beacon of radiation will bathe site in ‘sky shine’ from gamma rays (AUDIO) May 3, 2012
- Report: Nuclear material came off unused fuel assembly removed from Fukushima Unit 4 pool — Cobalt-60 at 1,400,000,000 Bq/kg — Debris “felt like grit” (PHOTOS) March 26, 2013
- Mainichi: Fukushima workers stood above highly radioactive rubble — “I had numbness in my toes for several months but I did not go to hospital” January 12, 2013
- Xenon known to cause dramatic increase in lung cancer — Bombards humans with very powerful x-rays — Turns into cesium — Xenon from Fukushima most ever, 2.5 times Chernobyl (VIDEO) November 14, 2011