Title: Forgotten Fukushima-Japan Two Years After the Daiichi Accident
Source: Fairewinds Energy Education
Date: Feb. 24, 2013
At 5:30 in
Nuclear Expert Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education: The Fairewinds site has been getting a lot of anecdotal evidence from people all over northern Japan. We just got an email just last week from a woman, whose two sisters were pregnant, and one child was born deformed and the other died in the womb. And they’re pregnant during the accident and they could tell a metallic taste on their tongues and all that kind of stuff so I just am concerned that the Japanese government isn’t properly accounting for that. […]
At 14:30 in
Gundersen: Your symposium* is just one more opportunity to let people know in Japan that the experiences they’re feeling — the metallic taste on your tongue, the illnesses, the bloody noses, etc. — are not something that’s in your brain, and in fact these are real physiological issues that your government’s not addressing.
So I’m glad you’re doing it, because the Japanese have to know that this is not a psychological issue, that these are real physiological issues based on real physiological exposures.
(*For details of the symposium sponsored by the Helen Caldicott Foundation on March 11-12 in New York City, please visit http://www.nuclearfreeplanet.org/symposium.html)
Published: February 25th, 2013 at 12:29 am ET
- Gundersen: Deformities, stillbirths not being reported after Fukushima — Officials withholding truth about health effects — Gov’t suppressing studies on deformed animals (AUDIO) October 3, 2013
- Gundersen: Truly appalling nuclear event in Japan — A lot of people are very, very concerned (AUDIO) January 7, 2013
- “It’s Madness”: Doctors in Japan helping perpetuate Fukushima cover-up — Patients not being told their illnesses are from exposure to radioactive contamination — Scientific reports showing radiation health damage to humans are forbidden to be published (AUDIO) October 14, 2013
- Gundersen on New Video Exposé: We now have the evidence that Fairewinds was right — “Containments can blow-up” (AUDIO) December 16, 2012
- Gundersen: Death toll from Fukushima disaster to be 1,000 times IAEA estimate (AUDIO) March 28, 2013