Gundersen on ‘high level’ radiation around Unit 3: “Can’t just be activation products” — This supports my detonation theory
Regarding the recent report Yomiuri: Tepco having difficulty with 'debris' around Unit 3 due to high radiation -- Years before spent fuel removal will begin, Nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education writes to ENENews:
This supports my Unit 3 Detonation theory.
Why should the “high levels of radiation” only be near Unit 3 and not Unit 1 or 2???
“High level” can’t just be activation products of releases from inside the fuel rods, as this happened at all three units.
What isotopes are they finding?
In 2011, the NRC said there were fuel fragments near Unit 3… now only silence?
See also: Gundersen: I think plutonium being reported around Fukushima is raw, unoxidized pieces of nuclear rods that were blown out from Unit 3's spent fuel pool
- Gundersen: “Discovery of neutron sources off site means Unit 3 fuel was broken by Unit 3 detonation” — “I said that 18 months ago, and it looks like the NRC agrees” January 16, 2013
- Japanese study says ‘detonation’ occurred at Unit 3 — “No containment in the world can withstand a detonation shockwave” (VIDEO) September 2, 2012
- Gundersen: White haze in photo of Unit 3 is coming from spent fuel pool — Almost as dangerous as Unit 4 (PHOTOS) July 12, 2012
- Gundersen: Everybody’s focused on Unit 4, but structure of Unit 3 thought to be weaker (VIDEO) May 12, 2012
- Gundersen: Extensive damage in Fukushima Unit 3 spent fuel pool (VIDEO) September 3, 2012