Title: San Onofre nuclear power plant: Fukushima USA?
Date: Feb. 5, 2013
Arnie Gundersen, chief engineer for Fairewinds Energy Education: If I were there I would be very concerned.
The new steam generators are supposed to last [four or forty?] years and they only lasted ten months.
So starting that plant back up is an experiment and I don’t think we should experiment with Southern California. [...]
It’s the worst plant [for evacuation plans], you’ve got seismic risks, and you’ve got these steam generators that are just an experiment waiting to go wrong. [...]
Published: February 6th, 2013 at 2:20 am ET
- Gundersen: Breaking news… Officials say U.S. nuclear plant operator “was going to do an experiment on the people of Southern California” — “That’s their words; they said it was an experiment” (AUDIO) May 16, 2013
- AP: U.S. Senator wants probe after reading confidential report on sickly California nuke plant — Shows they knew about San Onofre problems beforehand February 6, 2013
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Anonymous Insider: “Something grossly wrong” at California nuclear plant — Fears for his safety — Potential reactor meltdown if restarted (VIDEO) April 27, 2013
- Leak at Shut Down California Nuke Plant: “Likely to persist for some days” — Officials “must immediately say if leak is radioactive” (VIDEO) October 23, 2012