The Impact of the Fukushima Radiation on the Ocean, EcoReview, Community Television of Santa Cruz County, Dec. 7, 2011:
Interview with Arnold Gundersen, Chief Engineer, Fairewinds Associates, Inc; Nuclear Engineering, Safety, and Reliability Expert; Federal and Congressional hearing testimony and Expert Witness testimony; Former Senior Vice President Nuclear Licensee; Former Licensed Reactor Operator; 39-years of nuclear industry experience and oversight
At 53:35 in
I think if you’re on the west coast and the Cascades you need to demand more of your — you know Oregon, Washington State, California — of your local officials, or of the federal government, to look into what’s in the fish.
Not just the saltwater fish [...] but also what’s rained out on the land and is now in the local rivers.
At 55:10 in
It was a wave… significant radiation hit the west coast and sort of settled in on the Cascades.
h/t Anonymous tip
Quickly and easily contact your congressman here
Published: December 8th, 2011 at 8:19 pm ET
- Senior Scientist: US West Coast had radiation dose estimated at 5 microsieverts from Fukushima; I’m not going to say it’s low, risk of health effects ‘not zero’ — CBC: There’s more radiation in potato chips than fish around Fukushima plant… so of course there’s nothing to fear on West Coast (VIDEO) June 7, 2014
- TV: Millions of fish dead at Oregon coast — “Craziest thing I’ve ever seen” — “You can’t blame people for being alarmed” — Aquarium: “It kind of looks like the apocalypse… especially big numbers… but this is a sign that anchovies are doing good” (VIDEO) August 1, 2014
- Fukushima nuclear material reported in West Coast groundwater; It’s discharging into Pacific Ocean — Fallout also found in meat and fish from same area — “Routinely detected’ in plant life long after March 2011 September 4, 2014
- Professor: New studies show radioactive materials being carried across Pacific relatively intact from Fukushima — On West Coast we need to monitor these pockets of high contamination — Parts of areas may be affected in a significant way (AUDIO) September 18, 2013
- CBS: New photos from west coast show large amounts of tsunami debris — Field the size of Calif. headed toward US, says estimate (PHOTOS & VIDEO) December 17, 2011