A reader wrote in pointing out the following statement by Fairewinds Associates’ Arnold Gundersen from an interview back in June. It may help to better understand where he is coming from on some of these issues. Consider making a donation to Fairewinds — they have done an outstanding job in 2011. As they’ve stated several times, they are providing Fukushima-related updates for free as a public service.
Arnold Gundersen with the latest on the Fukushima meltdowns, If You Love This Planet Radio with Dr. Helen Caldicott, June 17, 2011:
This week, Dr. Caldicott has an in-depth conversation with Arnold Gundersen, energy advisor with Fairewinds Associates Inc. and a former nuclear engineer. [...]
At 12:55 in
I’m conscious when I’m on CNN or when I’m on this show, I try to temper my advice so it doesn’t create a panic, but yet I think you have to be informed at the same time. And if things are really bad, an informed population needs to know that. And that didn’t happen.
Listen to the broadcast here
Published: December 28th, 2011 at 5:07 am ET
- Gundersen: They are creating 100 to 1,000 times more radioactive material by burning debris than keeping it in concentrated form (AUDIO) February 13, 2012
- Gundersen on New Video Exposé: We now have the evidence that Fairewinds was right — “Containments can blow-up” (AUDIO) December 16, 2012
- Gundersen’s Kansai Presentation: Pellets of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima site — Pieces, not atoms, but pieces — Hydrogen will not create explosion seen at Unit No. 3 (VIDEO) May 13, 2012
- Gundersen: Possible melted core will get through containment and hit water (AUDIO) December 25, 2011
- Expert: Gov’t officials ‘very possibly’ know Fukushima is a worldwide disaster and just not revealing it — Columnist: “They can’t neglect the truth because they fear a panic outbreak… I’m panicking because there isn’t a panic” (AUDIO) February 26, 2014