Hadn’t seen this Fairewinds video before, h/t rumorecurioso for the upload.
Nuclear Power 101: Fairewinds Examines the Fundamental Advantages and Disadvantages of Splitting Atoms to Boil Water
Fairewinds Energy Education
July 23, 2011
Included in this presentation and PowerPoint is a discussion of how nuclear power plants work, how to cool a reactor during an accident, the effect of hot particles when inhaled, and concerns involving the long-term storage of nuclear waste. This presentation took place at the Nuclear Power Conference held at the University of Vermont July 23, 2011.
At 25:15 in
Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Associates: You’ll hear health physicists talk about… will talk about Fukushima being, I’ve heard numbers as low as maybe a couple hundred people may die of cancer and I’ve heard numbers as high as 2 million may die of cancer. And the difference is not really about that external cloud the plant released in the first few days, the difference is about what the people are inhaling and inbibing now that stays in the ecosystem for a long, long time.
- Major US Paper Editorial: Some scientists predict 1 million people will die from cancer due to radiation exposure after Fukushima
- Nuclear Expert: 1,000,000 cancers from Fukushima in Japan over next 20 years -- First thyroid, then lung, organ, brain, leukemia (VIDEO)
- Gundersen in Japan: 1,000,000 additional cancers from Fukushima over next 20 years -- Based on university studies after Three Mile Island (1.5 HOUR VIDEO)
Published: June 27th, 2012 at 1:06 am ET
- Gundersen: I’m afraid gov’t will try its very best to hide numbers coming from Fukushima — No death rate data for areas near meltdown… Why is that? (VIDEO) February 6, 2012
- Japan Times: “Alarming estimate of cancer fatalities… 1 million extra deaths” — Nobody mentions krypton and xenon that poured from Fukushima plant, says Gundersen — 2-3 times greater than Chernobyl September 15, 2012
- Gundersen: Terrifying cancer data for Fukushima — “Statistics are astounding especially for young girls” — “Growing concern around cancer risk” (VIDEO) March 22, 2014
- Radio: 1 million cancers coming from Fukushima? “We’re seeing that already… Enormous increase in cancer precursor” (VIDEO) October 3, 2012
- Gundersen: Fukushima tanks releasing x-rays in very high quantities offsite — Exposure to people outside plant is very, very high from ‘Bremsstrahlung’ phenomenon — Hundreds of tanks could easily start leaking after quake (VIDEO) July 22, 2013