Follow-up to: Caldicott: If Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 collapses I am evacuating my family from Boston (VIDEO)
Arnie Gundersen Interview
KGO Radio’s Pat Thurston
April 15, 2012
Gundersen at ~25:00 in
There’s more cesium in that [Unit 4] fuel pool than in all 800 nuclear bombs exploded above ground…
But of course it would happen all at once.
It would certainly destroy Japan as a functioning country…
Move south of the equator if that ever happened, I think that’s probably the lesson there.
Listen to the full interview here
- Saturday: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Pat Thurston joined KGO Newstalk 810 in 2007, and began hosting her own show in September 2009. She began her long career in broadcasting during her days in the United States Army where she hosted a television show.
Pat was raised in the East Bay in a family of 8 children. She left California to work for the United States Secret Service and attended Indiana University and Purdue University. She returned to Northern California, and was married in 2002.
Please visit our hourly archive directory for her audio.
Published: May 4th, 2012 at 7:20 am ET
- Gundersen: As much cesium in No. 4 fuel pool as in all 800 atomic bombs ever dropped — Fukushima would be at one place, at one time, and on ground level (AUDIO, 30 min.) April 18, 2012
- Reuters: Corrosion is weakening Fukushima Unit No. 4 — Concern quake to ‘topple’ bulging structure — Holds 14,000 Hiroshima bombs worth of cesium-137 August 14, 2013
- Japan Professor: I believe airborne release of cesium-137 from Fukushima equals 400 to 500 Hiroshima nuclear bombs — Another 400 to 500 bombs worth has already flowed into Pacific Ocean (VIDEO) March 13, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Everybody is now paying attention to Unit 4 because we have four years to go before fuel removed — If water lost, a beacon of radiation will bathe site in ‘sky shine’ from gamma rays (AUDIO) May 3, 2012
- Nuclear Professor: 5,000 Hiroshima bombs worth of cesium-137 in spent fuel pool No. 4 — “Low estimate” (VIDEO) May 8, 2012