Gundersen: People around North Anna didn’t lose power, only nuke plant did — Best info says a problem in switching yard (AUDIO)
Arnold Gundersen with a Fukushima update, Helen Caldicott MD podcast, September 2, 2011:
At 5:00 in (Transcript Summary)
People in the area didn’t lose electricity, only at North Anna plant… best info is that there was a problem in the switching yard.
Download the audio program here.
- NYT: North Anna nuke plant in situation that no US reactor has ever faced before — NRC has no protocol to see if design held up after quake September 8, 2011
- Quake over twice as strong as North Anna nuke plant’s containment structure was designed to withstand: Feds September 7, 2011
- Deleted: Major fault line found after wall collapsed during construction of North Anna nuke plant September 3, 2011
- Feds question whether there was damage to fuel in reactors at quake-hit North Anna nuke plant — The answer may surprise you September 29, 2011
- Reuters: It now appears quake caused problem inside both reactor cores at North Anna, triggering shutdown -Officials September 9, 2011