New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide, Fairewinds, August 21, 2011:
At 1:10 in (Transcript Summary)
Arnie Gundersen, chief nuclear engineer at Fairewinds Associates:
- When saltwater is hit by neutrons, it becomes sulfur.
- Where did the “enormous number” of 400 billion neutrons/sq meter come from?
- Sulfur report substantiates that reactors hadn’t completely shut down.
- Seemed like there were recurring chain reactions after control rods in place.
- New data substantiates what I had been telling you back in April. There were ongoing criticalities after the unit shut down.
Published: August 23rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm ET