New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide, Fairewinds, August 21, 2011:
At 1:10 in (Transcript Summary)
Arnie Gundersen, chief nuclear engineer at Fairewinds Associates:
- When saltwater is hit by neutrons, it becomes sulfur.
- Where did the “enormous number” of 400 billion neutrons/sq meter come from?
- Sulfur report substantiates that reactors hadn’t completely shut down.
- Seemed like there were recurring chain reactions after control rods in place.
- New data substantiates what I had been telling you back in April. There were ongoing criticalities after the unit shut down.
Published: August 23rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm ET
- Experts: Nuclear chain reactions may have lasted over 7 months at Fukushima — Neutron leakage from ‘active’ molten fuel — “Core producing radioactive sulfur” — Top Gov’t Official: MOX fuel could be neutron source April 10, 2014
- “We are basically recreating Fukushima all over again” — Clouds of radiation continue across to Pacific Northwest (VIDEO) August 23, 2011
- MIT: Nuclear chain reactions must have been burning at damaged reactors long after disaster unfolded May 11, 2011
- Thousands in Japan reported to be suffering massive and recurring nosebleeds in recent days — Gundersen: Japan doctors tell us, “We know our patients have radiation illness” but forced to keep it secret (VIDEO) October 1, 2013
- Gundersen: Image shows radioactive “thermal flare” was coming from Fukushima Reactor 3 — “Exactly where the containment should be” (VIDEO) March 25, 2013