Gundersen: Radioactive sulfur in California shows there were ongoing criticalities, recurring chain reactions (VIDEO)
New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide, Fairewinds, August 21, 2011:
At 1:10 in (Transcript Summary)
Arnie Gundersen, chief nuclear engineer at Fairewinds Associates:
- When saltwater is hit by neutrons, it becomes sulfur.
- Where did the “enormous number” of 400 billion neutrons/sq meter come from?
- Sulfur report substantiates that reactors hadn’t completely shut down.
- Seemed like there were recurring chain reactions after control rods in place.
- New data substantiates what I had been telling you back in April. There were ongoing criticalities after the unit shut down.
New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide from Fairewinds Associates on Vimeo.
- “We are basically recreating Fukushima all over again” — Clouds of radiation continue across to Pacific Northwest (VIDEO) August 23, 2011
- Nuclear engineer: NRC now says reactors and containments have breached and released plutonium off-site — “Much worse” than if from spent fuel pools (VIDEO) August 22, 2011
- MIT: Nuclear chain reactions must have been burning at damaged reactors long after disaster unfolded May 11, 2011
- Gundersen: Image shows radioactive “thermal flare” was coming from Fukushima Reactor 3 — “Exactly where the containment should be” (VIDEO) March 25, 2013
- All work halted at U.S. plutonium facility — Concern about ‘inadvertent chain reactions’ (VIDEO) July 2, 2013