Title: Arnold Gundersen with the latest on Fukushima: its effects on Japan, and the global risks posed by the No. 4 reactor
Source: If You Love This Planet Radio
Author: Dr. Helen Caldicott
Date: July 27, 2012
Nuclear Expert Arnie Gundersen on Unit 3: Because of the fact that a few pieces of nuclear fuel found offsite, it indicates to me that the fuel racks were lifted up. The only thing that could cause that is something called a prompt moderated criticality…
Host: But that’s what happened at Chernobyl?
Gundersen: Yes, very similar.
Published: August 4th, 2012 at 11:45 am ET
- Gundersen’s Kansai Presentation: Pellets of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima site — Pieces, not atoms, but pieces — Hydrogen will not create explosion seen at Unit No. 3 (VIDEO) May 13, 2012
- Gundersen: Major problem inside pool at Fukushima Unit 3 — Pieces of nuclear fuel rods were blown out during criticality explosion — Building could ‘shatter’ if another big quake hits (VIDEO) October 5, 2013
- Gundersen soon after 3/11: Photo shows nuclear fuel is exposed to air at Fukushima Unit 4 fuel pool — Clean path for plutonium to escape offsite (VIDEO) February 23, 2013
- Gundersen: New data shows Fukushima exceeds Chernobyl… Plumes seen emanating from both the Unit 3 fuel pool & reactor — Nuke Engineer: Broken fuel rods are above all 3 melted down reactors — Gov’t Experts: Unit 3 explosion may have damaged spent fuel & released even more radioactive material (VIDEO) February 9, 2015
- Gundersen: I think plutonium being reported around Fukushima is raw, unoxidized pieces of nuclear rods that were blown out from Unit 3′s spent fuel pool August 22, 2012