Arnie Gundersen Interview
KGO Radio’s Pat Thurston
April 15, 2012
Host: Let me ask you about the pools themselves. They’re not covered up they’ve got these rods in there that they are trying to cool down… I assume they’re still emitting radioactivity… I assume that’s still going out into the air?
Gundersen: Yes. There’s some radiation being given off because the water is steaming and boiling.
Listen to the full interview here
- Saturday: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Pat Thurston joined KGO Newstalk 810 in 2007, and began hosting her own show in September 2009. She began her long career in broadcasting during her days in the United States Army where she hosted a television show.
Pat was raised in the East Bay in a family of 8 children. She left California to work for the United States Secret Service and attended Indiana University and Purdue University. She returned to Northern California, and was married in 2002.
Please visit our hourly archive directory for her audio.
Recent Webcam Footage
See also: Nuclear Expert: Everybody is now paying attention to Unit 4 because we have four years to go before fuel removed -- If water lost, a beacon of radiation will bathe site in 'sky shine' from gamma rays (AUDIO)
Published: May 3rd, 2012 at 5:40 pm ET
- Smoke from Fukushima Daiichi fire visible on webcam footage? (VIDEO) October 19, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Everybody is now paying attention to Unit 4 because we have four years to go before fuel removed — If water lost, a beacon of radiation will bathe site in ‘sky shine’ from gamma rays (AUDIO) May 3, 2012
- Reuters: Just 6 more inches of water could submerge NJ nuclear plant’s pump to cool spent fuel pool — 25 hours to boiling without more coolant — New footage of flooding nearby (VIDEO) October 30, 2012
- Gundersen: Water boiling up from hole in floor at Unit No. 1 (AUDIO) June 29, 2011
- Nuclear Expert: I believe entire No. 4 fuel pool had drained to point where boiling occurred — Footage shows top of fuel racks were exposed to air (VIDEO) May 13, 2012