Title: Pollution, Fukushima radiation tracked by environmental websites
Author: Kimberly Wright
Date: Sept. 11, 2013
Caption: The radiation plume from the 2011 disaster is expected to reach the U.S. coast by 2014, according to a model.
A website map from the University of New South Wales models how pollution moves across oceans, and predicts that the radioactive plume from Japan’s 2011 Fukushima nuclear meltdown will make its way across the Pacific to the U.S. West Coast in 2014.
According to Ecowatch, experts said the radiation will be below levels that the World Health Organization considers dangerous by the time it reaches the U.S. coastline next year. Although the level of radiation is expected to have very little effect on human health, the radiation increase will be measurable. [...]
See also: UPI: Fukushima plume to reach U.S. West Coast in months; Measurable increase in radioactive material -- Study: Prolonged exposure for California lasting 10 years; Hits Hawaii early 2014... may already be surrounded (PHOTO)
Published: September 12th, 2013 at 6:37 pm ET
- UPI: Fukushima plume to reach U.S. West Coast in months; Measurable increase in radioactive material — Study: Prolonged exposure for California lasting 10 years; Hits Hawaii early 2014… may already be surrounded (PHOTO) August 28, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Radiation plume has now hit Hawaii — In a year it’ll probably reach U.S. West Coast (VIDEO) April 8, 2012
- Professor: “Fish caught off coast of America and of course near Hawaii have had high level of cesium” — “We had scientists in Hawaii tracking radiation” from Fukushima February 26, 2014
- ‘Extensive’ plume of Fukushima radiation almost due north of Honolulu in May 2013; Cesium of 8 Bq/m³ found — Japan Musicians: Very important for Hawaii to do tests; “The world should know what’s going on in the Pacific” (VIDEO) February 8, 2014
- Multiple marine scientists say Fukushima plume is at West Coast — S.F. Chronicle reports “radiation levels from Fukushima on California coast have gone down” January 9, 2014