Radiation from Fukushima may lead to decreased population in Japan, The Christian Science Monitor, August 11, 2011:
In the post-disaster environment, there is now another disincentive to have children: concerns about radiation. [...]
[W]omen across the northeast of Japan, and as far away as Tokyo, are concerned about having children amid ongoing fears of the effects of radiation.
Read the report here.
Published: August 11th, 2011 at 5:36 pm ET
- Eye swelling a symptom of thyroid disorder — I often hear how childrens’ eyes become swollen after being in radiation-contaminated sandboxes, says Japanese organizer… Remember the kitten? (VIDEO) October 31, 2011
- Report: Fukushima worker warns ‘get out of Japan before Spring’ — Radioactive pollen very serious — Radiation will spread around again October 6, 2011
- Australia: Fear that Fukushima fallout has affected greater Tokyo area — Has radiation spread further than Japan gov’t has acknowledged? October 12, 2011
- Kyodo: Radiation forecast can “by no means” be released to public decided gov’t on Mar. 15 — Showed radioactive cloud could spread over Tokyo area March 3, 2012
- UN committee chairman studying Fukushima radiation impact: “We wouldn’t expect to see health effects” in children, workers, or anyone else May 23, 2011