Channel 17 (Burlington, VT), published Feb. 26, 2014 — Maggie Gundersen, Founding director of Fairewinds Energy Education (at 21:00 in): “Tepco just announced that all the data it collected for almost 3 years is wrong, and that they had miscalculated how much radiation was released.”
Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Hearst Newspapers), Feb. 25, 2014: [...] only bad news comes out of Fukushima [...] Bloomberg reported the amount of radiation that leaked from Fukushima could have been far greater than originally stated.
Bloomberg, Feb. 25, 2014: Tepco Says Fukushima Radiation ‘Significantly’ Undercounted — [Tepco] is re-analyzing 164 water samples collected last year at the wrecked Fukushima atomic plant because previous readings “significantly undercounted” radiation levels. [...] Shinji Kinjo, leader of a disaster task force at Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority, said his office hadn’t been aware of the measurement errors. The regulator’s oversight of the utility is based on Tepco’s measurements, he added. [...]
TEPCO, Feb. 25, 2014: [...] improvement needs to be made in the reliability of the sampling and testing of water for radioactivity at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station [...] TEPCO President Naomi Hirose said, “Public confidence in our reports on radiation levels is essential to everything we are doing” [...] “gross beta” density [including Strontium-90] in water samples taken in the period between April and September 2013 was significantly under-counted [...] On February 24, TEPCO has published a list of 164 samples for which it believes radiation was undercounted. [...]
Asahi Shimbun, Feb. 26, 2014: [After being exposed to fallout from a US nuclear bomb test, Matashichi] Oishi married, but their first child was stillborn. He also was diagnosed with liver cancer. [...] His former crewmates began dying when they were still in their 40s and 50s. [...] “Politicians are hiding the dangers of radiation,” he says. […] “What happened on Bikini Atoll 60 years ago is being quietly repeated in Fukushima,” he says.
Published: February 28th, 2014 at 9:05 am ET
- Fairewinds: Thyroid data means much more radiation must have come out of Fukushima reactors than anyone reported — Medical professionals are talking about how many cancers have started showing up (AUDIO) June 20, 2013
- Experts: Fukushima contamination data wrong, may be 1,000% of levels reported by gov’t and Tepco — 60 billion becquerels of strontium and cesium claimed to be flowing to ‘outer ocean’ each day September 22, 2013
- Japanese citizens want answers about altered Fukushima photo: “What do you think they were hiding, and why do you think they were hiding it?” (VIDEO) September 4, 2012
- “Fukushima radiation data is wildly wrong” — Finds groundwater close to ocean nearly 170,000 times legal limit for strontium-90 — “Fearing similar under-estimates” many more results yet to be revealed February 10, 2014
- Asahi: ‘Mind-boggling’ cesium levels far from Fukushima plant — Japan Times: “Health ministry in denial” — Interview: “They force us to forget everything”; Gov’t radiation levels “complete fiction”; “Mass media is biggest criminal… worse than Tepco” March 2, 2014