High radiation at Ohio nuclear plant prompts inspection, MSNBC, April 26, 2011:
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Tuesday it has started a special inspection at a nuclear reactor in northeast Ohio where high radiation levels were reported in a work area.
Workers at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant immediately evacuated on April 22 when radiation levels rose while the plant was in the process of shutting down for a refueling outage.
The commission said the plant is safe and that officials do not believe workers were exposed to radiation levels “in excess of NRC limits.” [...]
It did not specify the level of radiation detected. [...]
US facing nuclear scare in Ohio plant?, OneIndia, April 27, 2011:
News has emerged of exceptionally high radiation levels at a nuclear reactor in northeast Ohio that has caused concern to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The plant in question is the Perry Nuclear Power Plant that was evacuated on Apr 22 after radiation levels rose while the plant was shutting down for a refuelling outage, revealed the commission. The plant officials have confirmed that workers have not been exposed to radiation in excess of NRC limits, the commission added. [...]
The Commission started inspecting the plant from Monday and refused to divulge how high the radiation levels are [...]
Published: April 27th, 2011 at 7:39 am ET
- CBS: Nuclear scare on board Chicago metro train — Elite VIPR team detects “high isotope reading” on luggage — Man emitting radiation (VIDEO) March 17, 2013
- 30 foot long crack found in containment building at Ohio nuclear plant — Reactor was being replaced after cracks found on fuel rod nozzles (VIDEO) October 13, 2011
- World’s most dangerous nuke plant located in Ohio, ranked by exposure to radiation — Fukushima was #5 July 26, 2011
- NRC: Alert still in effect at NJ nuclear plant — High water levels in Oyster Creek’s water intake structure remain October 30, 2012
- 1,200-foot sinkhole opens up in Ohio: Pipeline exposed and hanging — Gas company working to fix problem — “I’ve never seen anything like this… very unusual situation” (PHOTOS) November 29, 2012