High radiation at Ohio nuclear plant prompts inspection, MSNBC, April 26, 2011:
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Tuesday it has started a special inspection at a nuclear reactor in northeast Ohio where high radiation levels were reported in a work area.
Workers at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant immediately evacuated on April 22 when radiation levels rose while the plant was in the process of shutting down for a refueling outage.
The commission said the plant is safe and that officials do not believe workers were exposed to radiation levels “in excess of NRC limits.” [...]
It did not specify the level of radiation detected. [...]
US facing nuclear scare in Ohio plant?, OneIndia, April 27, 2011:
News has emerged of exceptionally high radiation levels at a nuclear reactor in northeast Ohio that has caused concern to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The plant in question is the Perry Nuclear Power Plant that was evacuated on Apr 22 after radiation levels rose while the plant was shutting down for a refuelling outage, revealed the commission. The plant officials have confirmed that workers have not been exposed to radiation in excess of NRC limits, the commission added. [...]
The Commission started inspecting the plant from Monday and refused to divulge how high the radiation levels are [...]
Published: April 27th, 2011 at 7:39 am ET
- “EMERGENCY DECLARED” at US nuclear plant — Newspaper: “High radiation triggers alert” — Officials: “Counties surrounding plant alerted of this event” — Gov’t: Unusual Event due to “HIGH HIGH” radiation condition April 9, 2016
- 30 foot long crack found in containment building at Ohio nuclear plant — Reactor was being replaced after cracks found on fuel rod nozzles (VIDEO) October 13, 2011
- CBS: Nuclear scare on board Chicago metro train — Elite VIPR team detects “high isotope reading” on luggage — Man emitting radiation (VIDEO) March 17, 2013
- World’s most dangerous nuke plant located in Ohio, ranked by exposure to radiation — Fukushima was #5 July 26, 2011
- CBS: “Health officials are investigating radiation levels” along coast near San Francisco after finding “higher than typical readings” — UC Berkeley Professor: “Absolutely no correlation” with nuclear disaster; Compares eating banana to drinking water from Fukushima plant (VIDEO) January 7, 2014