Title: Nuclear Regulators Stick Their Heads In The Sand
Source: Fairewinds Energy Education
Date: May 8, 2013
At 8:00 in
Kevin Kamps, a radioactive waste specialist with Beyond Nuclear: There’s radioactive contamination in the water [that was leaking at Palisades nuclear power plant].
We also hear there was a hot particle detected that had a pretty high radiation dose rate coming off of it that was found in the tank.
So there’s significant radioactive contamination in the tank.
Published: May 9th, 2013 at 2:12 pm ET
- Worry about “wall of water heading towards the control room” at U.S. nuclear plant if leaking 300,000 gallon tank fails? — Flood control berm in place (AUDIO) May 9, 2013
- Local TV: “They believe radioactive water is leaking from the top of the vessel” at North Carolina nuke plant — Significant because it goes directly through reactor core (VIDEO) November 17, 2011
- Tepco: It’s unforgivable that radioactive material is leaking out of control from Fukushima plant — This is a very significant problem (VIDEO) August 9, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Plutonium in water leaking into ocean is “the most dangerous thing” at Fukushima, it can be carried around world and end up on a beach or in fish — Researcher: Plutonium contamination “a serious threat to environment and human health” (AUDIO) December 9, 2013
- Study: Contamination in Tokyo suburb 3 times higher than area 1 mile from Fukushima Daiichi — Nuclear Scientist: Significant contamination in Tokyo, a serious problem (AUDIO) September 23, 2013