At 5:00 in
Gary Hecox, CB&I hydrogeologist: This is going to not satisfy you, but we honestly don’t know.
We have talked to some of the leading experts in the world as too what could be causing this. We don’t know. Nobody’s ever encountered anything like this in the history of mankind.
I’m not kidding, what’s going on with that cavern where it’s going up several hundred feet and down several hundred feet, we don’t know if it’s some equipment issues or if there’s something going on in the cavern that we don’t understand. The pressure in the cavern continues to slowly increase. It’s up now to almost 600psi in the wellhead, that’s brine pressure not gas. […]
I don’t even have a good hypothesis to tell you. […]
The world experts have looked at this and we don’t know.
Published: July 19th, 2013 at 3:25 pm ET
- Brockovich on Sinkhole: “We have pretty good indication that it’s a dead area” — “Could be an explosion at any minute” — “Gas pressure is extremely intense” (VIDEO) March 12, 2013
- Leaked ‘Godzilla’ Trailer Hits Web — Features voice of nuclear pioneer: “Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds” — Photos during filming show reactors, quarantine zone, evacuations (VIDEO) October 6, 2013
- NHK: “The unimaginable was happening” — Workers say part of Reactor 2 containment vessel destroyed — After alarming pressure readings, “we heard a loud bang… pressure is now zero” (VIDEO) August 18, 2012
- Officials: Gas pressure is increasing in aquifer near giant sinkhole — Trying to relieve buildup for ‘public safety’ — Seismic activity related to pressure? (VIDEOS) October 1, 2012
- TV: Millions of fish dead at Oregon coast — “Craziest thing I’ve ever seen” — “You can’t blame people for being alarmed” — Aquarium: “It kind of looks like the apocalypse… especially big numbers… but this is a sign that anchovies are doing good” (VIDEO) August 1, 2014