Professor Tatsuhiko Kodama of Tokyo University Tells the Politicians: “What Are You Doing?”, EX-SKF, July 28, 2011:
Professor Tatsuhiko Kodama, head of the Radioisotope Center at the University of Tokyo testifying in Japan’s Lower House committee
So, using our knowledge base at the Radioisotope Center, we calculated. Based on the thermal output, it is 29.6 times the amount released by the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima. In uranium equivalent, it is 20 Hiroshima bombs.
What is more frightening is that whereas the radiation from a nuclear bomb will decrease to one-thousandth in one year, the radiation from a nuclear power plant will only decrease to one-tenth.
In other words, we should recognize from the start that just like Chernobyl, Fukushima I Nuke Plant has released radioactive materials equivalent in the amount to tens of nuclear bombs, and the resulting contamination is far worse than the contamination by a nuclear bomb. [...]
As I said before, there was only one geiger counter in Minami Soma City when we went there in May. In fact, there were 20 personal survey meters provided by the US military. But no one at the city’s Board of Education could understand the English manual until we went there and told them how to use them. That’s how it is there.
As to the food inspection, there are more advanced survey meters than germanium counters, such as semiconductor detectors. Why doesn’t the Japanese government spend money in supporting (the development of these advanced detectors?)?
After 3 months, the government has done no such thing, and I am shaking with anger.” [...]
I have been in charge of antibody drugs at the Cabinet Office since Mr. Obuchi was the prime minister [1998-]. We put radioisotopes to antibody drugs to treat cancer. In other words, my job is to inject radioisotopes into human bodies, so my utmost concern is the internal radiation exposure and that is what I have been studying intensely.
The biggest problem of internal radiation is cancer. How does cancer happen? Because radiation cuts DNA strands. [...]
For English, make sure the closed captions are turned on by pressing the CC button at the bottom of video
Published: August 1st, 2011 at 3:36 pm ET
- Official’s Testimony: “Our town citizens reported they tried to have exposure tests at several hospitals but they are all stopped by Fukushima Medical University” (VIDEO) May 6, 2012
- Head of Tokyo-area Medical Clinic: “Risk from internal exposure is 200-600 times greater than risk from external exposure” (VIDEO) May 10, 2012
- VIDEO: Cancer epidemic underway in Fukushima — Rates up 6,000% says head of cancer research center — “This is definitely a holocaust… everything’s being swept under the rug” — “Very, very frightening… my family members are brainwashed” February 4, 2015
- WATCH: Sickened Minamisoma teacher with unusual rashes featured on TV segment — Doctor: “No doubt a lot of people are already being affected by internal radiation” (VIDEO) March 9, 2012
- Mainichi: They didn’t bleed and hair didn’t fall out, yet so many were deathly exhausted -Doctor on internal radiation exposure January 23, 2012