Reactor Flooding Effort Proceeds at Japan Reactor, Global Security Newswire, April 27, 2011:
Workers continued the insertion of nitrogen gas into the No. 1 reactor to prevent additional explosions. White vapor continued to exit reactors No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4, according to an IAEA statement. [...] (International Atomic Energy Agency release).
Read the report here.
“Radiation is leaking every day now… When you see those clouds of smoke coming out of the unit, that’s not steam, that’s radioactive steam. So, they’re releasing radioactivity as a airborne” -Arnie Gundersen, nuclear expert
Published: April 27th, 2011 at 7:39 pm ET
- Japan media reports on new daytime video showing steam rising from Reactors No. 2 and 3 — Asahi: “Under the steam are the reactors” (VIDEOS) September 27, 2011
- TEPCO acknowledges ‘vapor’ is still being seen at Reactors No. 2, 3 and 4 spent fuel pools May 22, 2011
- IAEA: White “smoke” continues to be emitted from units No. 2 and 3 May 5, 2011
- Water pumping into three Fukushima Daiichi reactors stops after quake April 11, 2011
- After quake, external power off at Fukushima reactors 1, 2 and 3 April 11, 2011