Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima Daiichi: What is the Link?
CCTV’s Margaret Harrington
June 27, 2012
At ~27:00 in
Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Associates: Of course, now at Fukushima we are not throwing scientists in jail, but I’m being approached all the time by scientist who are having great difficulty getting their reports published because of industrial pressure.
People just don’t want to admit the severity of the accident releases and they’re in control of the academic journals, which makes it difficult to publish.
Maggie Gundersen, Fairewinds Associates: We know one lead scientist who did an amazing study and submitted it to five journals and finally one of the five journals took it… Four journals all received incredible pressure to not publish that work. All of them have board member from the nuclear industry.
Published: July 1st, 2012 at 2:35 pm ET
- Researchers having ‘extraordinarily difficult time’ getting Fukushima articles published due to nuclear industry pressure (AUDIO) June 10, 2012
- “It’s Madness”: Doctors in Japan helping perpetuate Fukushima cover-up — Patients not being told their illnesses are from exposure to radioactive contamination — Scientific reports showing radiation health damage to humans are forbidden to be published (AUDIO) October 14, 2013
- Fukushima Daini Unit 1 had pressure increase after quake, before tsunami — Gundersen: “They should also talk about just how damaged Fukushima Daiichi 5 and 6 are but we’re not hearing that either” (VIDEO) December 10, 2012
- Gundersen: “We know scientific journals have stopped publication of some of the data” about contamination from Fukushima disaster — A lot of resistance to releasing this information (VIDEO) September 24, 2012
- Gundersen: Nuclear fuel has been moved by groundwater at Fukushima Daiichi — It’s time to walk away from plant for next 100 years once there’s an underground sarcophagus — Much more difficult to contain than Chernobyl (VIDEO) December 29, 2013