Title: Boxer Wladimir Klitschko fights against nuclear power plants
Author: Zorianna Kit
Date: Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 04:52
Brothers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko are Ukrainian heavyweight boxers and the first siblings to hold all Heavyweight World Championship titles between them. [...] Wladimir, 35, holds five heavyweight titles and will defend them on March 3 when he takes on French boxer Jean-Marc Mormeck in Dusseldorf, Germany. He spoke to Reuters about boxing and his plans for the future.
Q: You’re currently working on a documentary about nuclear reactors. Is that because of your personal ties to it? Your father was one of the commanders in charge of cleaning up the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986.
A: “My brother and I are children of Chernobyl and it is part of our history. Today we’re facing really serious issues with nuclear power plants worldwide. Radiation is something you cannot smell, cannot see, cannot feel, cannot touch. It’s out there and could be everywhere. The (effects) of Fukushima will be there for thousands of years. They cannot clean it up just like that. And (the effects) Chernobyl are still being felt.
“I’m definitely against nuclear power plants. Germany gave a good example to the world when they made a political decision to get rid of nuclear power plants — to close them and look for alternative energy.”
Read the report here
Published: March 2nd, 2012 at 9:07 pm ET
- “BREAKING: Belgian nuclear power plants evacuated” after terror attacks — Multiple reactor sites cleared “amid heightened fears of another attack” — Military and armed police on scene — Capitol on lockdown after dozens killed — “Dismembered bodies everywhere… It’s like the apocalypse” (VIDEO) March 22, 2016
- Physician: Nuclear Power Plants = Random Compulsory Genetic Engineering (VIDEO) April 4, 2012
- Wired: Workers find nuclear fuel when digging around Chernobyl — “During the initial clean-up, radioactive material had simply been buried” January 3, 2013
- BBC: Ukraine “on brink of civil war” — Gov’t: Threats to blow up nuclear plants; Facilities on high alert after seizure of energy ministry (VIDEO) January 30, 2014
- Nuclear industry publishes coffee table book featuring images of butterflies at nuke plants (PHOTO) October 13, 2012