Title: The Next Fukushima is Ready & Waiting
Source: The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann
Date: Nov 14, 2012
At 4:30 in
Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear (former radioactive waste specialist at NIRS): The regulations in the US are worse than the regulations in Japan in terms of radioactive contamination [...]
The difference between Japan and the United States is kind of startling. In Japan, at this point the permissible level of radioactivity in food is 100 becquerels per kilogram [...] In the United States the permissible level is 1,200. So Japan’s limits are 12 times stronger than ours, which means that we could very certainly be importing food from Japan that’s considered unfit to eat there.
Host: [...] That’s insane.
Watch: TV: 200% as many radioactive products returned to Japan this year than in 2011 says Russian report (VIDEO)
Published: November 16th, 2012 at 2:42 am ET
- Report: The people of Japan are responsible for poisoning of world’s food chain due to Fukushima catastrophe — They have to stand up and take action — “The buck has to stop somewhere” (VIDEO) August 11, 2013
- Reports: “You can expect an enormous amount of cancers” around Pacific — “We’re all at risk, this radiated water is going to hit right here” in U.S. — We’re at top of food chain, so we get highest radiation dose — 35+ people now suffering cancer after U.S. rescue mission off Fukushima (VIDEO) December 23, 2013
- Japan: Fukushima Daiichi No Longer Considered Emergency Work (VIDEO) September 12, 2012
- Food products ‘heavily contaminated’ by Fukushima found in US; Over 30,000 pCi/kg of cesium, also had Cobalt-60 and Antimony-124 — FDA: We found no Fukushima contamination in US food supply during routine monitoring November 3, 2014
- CNN: U.S. had plans to nuke moon — Hiroshima-sized bomb considered — Carl Sagan worked on project (VIDEO) November 29, 2012