Interview with Charles Bonner, attorney for sickened USS Reagan sailors exposed to Fukushima releases, Linda Moulton Howe’s EarthFiles, Mar. 27, 2014:
Transcript excerpt starting at 2m 30s in
- One sailor had been told to go up to the top of the ship and take down the American flag. He went and took the American flag down and folded it up in the triangle way they usually folded up the flag, and put it under his arm, and went all the way down to the bottom of the ship to store it. By the time he reached the bottom of the ship, his whole left side where the flag was had become inflamed. They immediately stripped his clothes off, hosed him down, washed him down with soap. He is naked there in front of all the sailors, men and women, because it became an extreme emergency. Then 17 other sailors were immediately scrubbed down.
- He had to be discharged, he and his wife — he had ended up marrying a young lady on the ship — they both had to be discharged for medical reasons. She developed major leukemias, uterine cancers, uncontrolled uterine bleeding. And they both received a medical discharge.
Published: April 15th, 2014 at 1:07 am ET
- Gov’t Report: Over 1,750 navy sailors suffer from ‘ill-defined conditions’ after exposure to Fukushima radiation while aboard USS Reagan — ‘Significant increases’ in male infertility and child birth complications — Dozens have thyroid disorders, many spontaneous abortions — Veteran: ‘Extreme measures’ used to cover this up (AUDIO) August 3, 2014
- VIDEO: Children of US Navy sailors suffering from cancers after Fukushima exposure — “I couldn’t move… so much pain… I have leukemia” — More kids with thyroid cancer — Father: “We couldn’t figure it out… his body was changing” — Sailor: Right side of my body is shriveling up, one arm now almost 5 inches smaller than other August 20, 2014
- Navy Officers on TV: “My body is falling apart” after Japan rescue mission, his right side “just didn’t work” — Another “can no longer use his legs” and unable to urinate — If 300 times normal radiation is OK, I don’t know what to tell you January 24, 2014
- “Constant influx” of U.S. sailors coming forward with problems after service off Fukushima — Gundersen: “Health effects of the Reagan crew are real… these brave men and women were exposed to high levels of radiation” (AUDIO) January 13, 2014
- Nuclear fallout will “engulf” Taiwan starting April 6 — “People should stay home” or “Immediately take off their clothes and cleanse nuclear contaminants” (VIDEO) April 4, 2011