Title: Flooded Acreage road gives way
Source: Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach
Author: Rachel Leigh
Date: Aug 28, 2012 1:56 PM EDT
Out in the Acreage, most of their roads are flooded and more than a foot of rain fell on the area. One road couldn’t handle all the water though as it gave way Monday evening.
Part of the dirt road near Coconut Boulevard is now one big sinkhole.
“This is going to be twice the size in 24 hours. This is growing as we sit here. This is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.”
An area where almost every side street is underwater. “It’s kind of phenomenon,” Meece said. “It’s nothing I’ve ever seen happen before. That’s the first time in the 31 years I’ve lived here.”
Title: Lake Mary resident: Tropical Storm Isaac made sinkhole grow
Source: WKMG Orlando
Author: Evan Lambert
Date: Aug 27, 2012
An open sinkhole underneath a Lake Mary home is growing and now the homeowners tell Local 6 their insurance company doesn’t want to help them fix the problem.
Rains from the feeder bands of Tropical Storm Isaac soaked Seminole County Monday and Debbie Coffman says the sinkhole’s grown. The outer edge has pushed out toward her neighbor’s house and new chunks have fallen into the ground.
Published: August 28th, 2012 at 10:00 pm ET
- Newspaper: Louisiana sinkhole swallows another 5,000 square feet (PHOTO) February 12, 2013
- TV: Giant sinkhole now significantly larger — Crews trying to better understand what’s causing it to get bigger (VIDEO) October 12, 2012
- TV: New roadway being built to access giant sinkhole — ‘Containment berm’ around hole? January 23, 2013
- Officials: 500 square feet falls into giant sinkhole — Towards pipeline on SW side — Clean up halted October 9, 2012
- AP: Louisiana sinkhole continues to grow — Now 7,500 square feet of land has crumbled and fell in February 13, 2013