Title: 8:50 a.m. Morning Briefing
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date: Aug 26, 2012
OEP continues to monitor Tropical Storm Isaac. Preliminary preparations are being made in the event that the tract continues to move in a westerly direction.
Title: Isaac storm track puts SE Louisiana in its path
Source: KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Author: Elona Weston
Date: Aug 26, 2012 12:41 PM EDT
A hurricane watch has been extended along the Louisiana coast to include the New Orleans area ahead of Isaac.
Forecasters say that Tropical Storm Isaac’s track has shifted more to the west.
The center says the storm could eventually become an extremely dangerous category 2 hurricane in coming days while taking aim at the northern rim of the Gulf of Mexico.
Published: August 26th, 2012 at 2:19 pm ET
- Latest Forecast: Isaac heading toward sinkhole — Now under Hurricane Warning — Storm to sit over area for days (MAP) August 27, 2012
- Issac upgraded to hurricane — Eye of storm headed for sinkhole — Assumption Parish now under mandatory evacuation order August 28, 2012
- ABC Expert on Sinkhole Hurricane: The last thing we want is for it to be really wet — Could lead to collapse in sidewalls August 29, 2012
- Official Sinkhole Website: Eye of Isaac to be over area for “FIVE HOURS” — Hurricane strength winds begin at 3p ET (MAP) August 29, 2012
- Governor says more boom being deployed in sinkhole — Winds up to 100 mph expected in area — All monitors within community being removed — Texas Brine in ‘Hurricane Mode’ August 27, 2012