Published: June 12th, 2012 at 12:40 pm ET

Women’s “Die-In” against the Restart of Ooi Nuke Plant
Published by tokyobrowntabby2
Translation and captioning by tokyobrowntabby
Original video by OurPlanet-TV
Video editing by sievert311
Published June 10, 2012
Filmed June 7, 2012

On June 7, 2012, about 70 women including 10 women from Fukushima did a “die-in” in front of the Prime Minister’s Official Residence to protest against the restart of Ooi Nuclear Power Plant. Before the die-in, 10 Fukushima women visited the Cabinet Office and met with officials [...]

At 1:50 in

It is a great agony to live in a contaminated area. I lost hope to live. But to tell everyone about this agony… now I’m trying to live for that purpose. I don’t want anyone to go through what I’m going through.

At 2:45 in

We are struggling hard as we speak to suppress our insuppressible feelings.

At 6:00 in

We are here risking our lives.

h/t EXSKF

Published: June 12th, 2012 at 12:40 pm ET

1. Analyst: Cost of admitting the truth about Fukushima is so great that Japan won’t admit it — Enough to make you question whether to live in Tokyo (VIDEO) June 12, 2012
  2. Filmmaker: Hope is hard to come by in Fukushima — To this day women having abortions for fear of genetic damage, families breaking up November 6, 2012
  3. Professor: We know all sorts of radioactive leaks are happening at Fukushima, it’s just not being documented — Situation is extremely unstable — Everybody’s just struggling to figure out how to deal with this (VIDEO) October 5, 2013
  4. Japan TV: “Oh my… Over 180 microsieverts per hour… can never live here…” (VIDEO) September 15, 2012
  5. Reporter tries radiation cleanup: “I felt mentally exhausted and my muscles ached” after not such hard physical labor — 2 days later, rice from area declared contaminated November 30, 2011

12 comments to “It is a great agony to live in a contaminated area, I lost hope to live” — “We are struggling hard to suppress our insuppressible feelings” (VIDEO)

• nedlifromvermont

Go Japanese women … the new truth telling class to the world …

Radiation means sickness and death, indiscriminately … or evacuation forever!!! How sick is that?

But "Oh!" we were told, "that would … or this could NEVER HAPPEN!!" and we bought the lie, or rather is was purchased for us, thanks to a venal and pliant Congress, that has been COMPROMISED and is in the THRALL of big nuclear fat cat, and lacks any VISION or LEADERSHIP to act to end the insanity which has proved itself out.

Nuclear not necessary, not safe, not cheap, and not new. It is old. Oldclear. Get over it nuke heads. It's dead.

Peace and out.

• effects of radiation on women and children are devastating

radiation coming to the usa via jet streams near you

mothers in America …. please share the rad news

• What-About-The-Kids

Bless these brave women. My heart goes out to them. I cannot imagine what life must be like for them.

All thanks to the criminal actions of a greedy, insane relatively few individuals. And for what? To "boil water?" (As TPTB would want us to believe…though as we've learned, this excuse has always been a cover for weapons making instead…)

What a (nuclear) waste indeed… :-(

• WindorSolarPlease

It's not easy to get out there speaking up when you feel ill and all you want to do is rest.
    Brave people telling it, like it is.

I don't want anyone going through this either.
    How about you Pro-Nukers?

• KONDY KONDY

That is the single best thing I have seen on this tragedy. A true outpouring of what the Japanese people are forced to deal with daily. The government of Japan is sick and should probably be shot at point black range. Those are some of the bravest women on the planet…..

• WindorSolarPlease

They still are not listening..They don't care, as long as it does not effect them.
    They have a false sense that this will not harm them and their families.

Bottom line – They are thinking of profits, at the expense of the public and the environment that they also need.

END NUCLEAR POWER

• PhilipUpNorth philipupnorth

We ALL now live in a nuclear contamination zone called Planet Earth. Thanks to the nuke industry, their supporters in the military, NEI-member universities, the clueless MSM, and a government more concerned with protecting the nuke industry than protecting the people. Nuclear Free Power To The People!

• Sickputer

The rich people think they have more to lose if their expensive home in Tokyo or other cities is lost to contamination forever. Yes they do in money value. But their health is no more valuable than the penniless wino on the subway. Each will die from radiation.

Yes, the poor will die sooner because they can't afford imported food, cleaner water, and HEPA filters in their air conditioning systems. But nobody short of a billionaire can replace contaminated air 100% of the time.

The actor and his wife have a better chance of staying alive outside of Japan. Manila is 1862 miles from Tokyo and more importantly upwind (most of the year). They are lucky to get out of Japan alive, but maybe they are already sick internally (the walking dead). The new breed of sick zombies created by Fukushima. Flame me for saying it, but it is certainly true for a large chunk of Japan. Killed by their own government.

• Ron

It's hard for the Japanese, which have been raised for generations to be unassuming, to stand up and speak out. After all, the nail that stand up gets hammered down right? I hope that they can do it, get the nuclear monkey off their backs.

But don't forget to take care of yourselves. And don't listen to the buggers here that like to proclaim your inevitable demise. Lot's of people survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki and went on to live long lives.

Never give up.

• karaa karaa

Hello you lion-hearted women of Fukushima. I am with you whith all my heart. I have tears in my eyes, imagining what you are living with your family and sharing with you my infinite anger and boundless hope at the same time. I am a organic farmer woman in france.