>> Follow-up to: Radioactive waste to be buried underground at Fukushima Daiichi? (PHOTOS) <<
Mr. Yastel Yamada, a retired engineer and founder of the Fukushima Skilled Veterans Corps
Uploaded by: Sujoy Sarkar
Filmed: Oct. 18, 2012 at Chabot College
Uploaded on: Oct. 18, 2012
Mr. Yastel Yamada, a retired engineer and founder of the Fukushima Skilled Veterans Corps: Now we need the storage of the excess water. It increases day by day. You can see some tank here, storage tank of the excess water.
But if there were any earthquake again here, a crack would generate, I guess. And I don’t know why Tepco has decided to make underground [inaudible] for excess water. It can easily be discharged into the underground water.
Published: October 19th, 2012 at 9:04 pm ET
- AP: Experts fear giant underground reservoir of extremely contaminated water on verge of entering Pacific at Fukushima — In contact with melted nuclear fuel? A race against the clock — Nobody knows when this will end August 23, 2013
- Nuclear Engineer: “Very huge catastrophe” for melted fuel to burn into ground — Radioactive material “will go all around the world” once in underground water — Chernobyl made cement barrier below reactor, #Fukushima did not (VIDEO) February 1, 2014
- TV: Fukushima underground dam not working, radiation levels now exceeding gov’t limit near shore — Tepco Official: “The flow of contaminated water into ocean is causing problems… It’s quite difficult to stop” (VIDEO) February 9, 2014
- Engineer: Outright failures continue to plague Fukushima plant — “Public may think worst is over… Nothing could be further from the truth” — Japan TV: New method failing to stop flow of highly contaminated water — Experts: ‘Diluting’ radiation in ocean adds to danger; Spreading it out only makes health damages worse (VIDEO) January 12, 2015
- NHK: “Contaminated underground water may have moved aboveground” at Fukushima plant — Asahi: Immediate concern it’s “spilling” into Pacific August 3, 2013