Press Conference on Fukushima Daiichi Disaster
May 4, 2012 10:00 am ET
Speaker: Hiroaki Koide, Nuclear Reactor Specialist and Assistant Professor at Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute.
Rush Transcript Excerpt
Koide: There is no such thing as clean food.
The Fukushima accident has happened and a tremendous amount of radiation has already been released and spread throughout the planet.
That’s why there is no longer any such thing as clean and safe food… our only choice is whether we accept that or not.
I do have one proposal:
… the people who advanced nuclear power be made to eat the extremely contaminated food.
People like the managing director of Tepco, or members of the parliament… academics who promoted nuclear power.
I’d like to build a system that feeds them with contaminated food.
But that’s not enough. I also have a proposal that the relatively contaminated food be feed to the adults that have accepted the nuclear power industry and the relatively uncontaminated food be fed to the children.
Published: May 4th, 2012 at 1:18 pm ET
- US Sailors’ Attorney: Fukushima has left an entire generation of young people crippled physically, mentally, and genetically — Nuclear radiation is threatening entire planet (AUDIO) February 13, 2014
- CBS San Francisco: “Widespread distrust” of scientists over Fukushima — Official: “People are worried, people want to know what’s going on” — UC Berkeley professor admits much of his funding is from gov’t: If you don’t trust us, who is it you want to trust? Says man-made cesium-137 is “natural background radiation” (VIDEO) February 1, 2014
- AP: Experts fear giant underground reservoir of extremely contaminated water on verge of entering Pacific at Fukushima — In contact with melted nuclear fuel? A race against the clock — Nobody knows when this will end August 23, 2013
- TV: Tokyo is very contaminated from Fukushima disaster — Many people have left already (VIDEO) March 17, 2013
- Joe Rogan on Fukushima and Nuclear Power: If these reactors keep messing up, we’re going to have giant areas of our world contaminated and dead for 100,000s of years — That’s the reality we’re operating under (VIDEO) May 3, 2012