Press Conference on Fukushima Daiichi Disaster
May 4, 2012 10:00 am ET
Speaker: Hiroaki Koide, Nuclear Reactor Specialist and Assistant Professor at Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute.
Rush Transcript Excerpt
Koide: There is no such thing as clean food.
The Fukushima accident has happened and a tremendous amount of radiation has already been released and spread throughout the planet.
That’s why there is no longer any such thing as clean and safe food… our only choice is whether we accept that or not.
I do have one proposal:
… the people who advanced nuclear power be made to eat the extremely contaminated food.
People like the managing director of Tepco, or members of the parliament… academics who promoted nuclear power.
I’d like to build a system that feeds them with contaminated food.
But that’s not enough. I also have a proposal that the relatively contaminated food be feed to the adults that have accepted the nuclear power industry and the relatively uncontaminated food be fed to the children.
Published: May 4th, 2012 at 1:18 pm ET
- Nuclear Engineer: “Alarm bells” are going off over Fukushima plume coming to US West Coast — People will be dying from radiation that’s flowing across Pacific — Massive amounts of nuclear waste are flowing into ocean every day, and will for more than a century — “We’ve contaminated the biggest source of water on planet, and there’s no way to stop it” (VIDEO) April 7, 2016
- Video: 10 million people in Japan have been abandoned in high radiation areas after Fukushima — Kanto Region extremely contaminated March 13, 2013
- US Sailors’ Attorney: Fukushima has left an entire generation of young people crippled physically, mentally, and genetically — Nuclear radiation is threatening entire planet (AUDIO) February 13, 2014
- Radio: Fukushima Daiichi has “contaminated the biggest body of water on the planet” — Radioactive leaks to harm marine and human life — Whole Pacific Ocean likely to have cesium levels 5-10 times higher than at peak of nuclear bomb tests (AUDIO) July 29, 2013
- Japan Nuclear Engineer: “Mind-blowing… truly outrageous” — Many massive pools of contaminated water are spread around Fukushima plant November 12, 2012