[...] Mr. Kurokawa, the chairman of the governmental accident investigation committee commented the SFP of reactor 4 is the crisis in front of us. The entire world is concerned about that.
Mr. Kitazawa, the chairman of the council stated it takes a while to remove all the spent fuel from the pool. There is no appropriate solution for that.
[...] The same nuclear plant 4 the anxiety for the used nuclear fuel pool of the machine was shown from the group of members [...]
[...] Kurokawa which is National Diet accident pitch chairman is clear Science Council of Japan former chairman “the crisis which is immediately. The inside of the world feels concern” [...]
[...] Chairman Hiroshi Kitazawa who serves the chairman of intellectual person meeting, points out that time is required for the fuel removal. “There is no good solution method” [...]
See also: TV: Gov't seeking to empty Fukushima No. 4 fuel pool much sooner than planned -- Worries it could become 'unsafe' (VIDEO)
Published: January 31st, 2013 at 10:38 am ET
- NHK: Fuel removal at Unit 4 underway — BBC: Concern casks not watertight, rods would contact air — WSJ: Exposure to air can cause sustained nuclear reaction — AFP: Tokyo evacuations if uncontrolled nuclear conflagration? AP: Rods contain plutonium, experts concerned quake to hit during process November 18, 2013
- Tepco Adviser: “Everyone in the world” will be safer if fuel rods transferred from Fukushima Unit 4 — WSJ: Global concern over removal process (VIDEO) November 18, 2013
- Nuclear Engineer: Every expert I talked to this week is very concerned about a criticality event during fuel removal at Unit 4 — “There’s good potential for a criticality” (AUDIO) November 21, 2013
- Postponed: Fuel removal attempt at Fukushima Unit 4 delayed, possibly for weeks — Gov’t safety agency wants tests conducted, as another ~M5 quake hits Eastern Japan November 4, 2013
- Vice: ‘Suspicious’ death at Fukushima plant — Officials: Damaged nuclear fuel containers found in Unit 3 pool after removal of massive piece of debris — “High radioactivity prevented workers from carrying out the removal smoothly” — Concern about “new fuel failure” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) August 5, 2015